Thread: Boil earth

1. Default Boil earth

Is this spell anything other than instant death? I've been hit by it 5-6 times, and every single time, it kills me. Unencumbered, like level, usually running a full Dreavening. Yeesh.

Blog Entries

Crit padding/ranger resist. Even then it's rough.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by budartagnan View Post
    Is this spell anything other than instant death?
    If it hit's you and you're on your own you're pretty much dead, it's best to disable the caster as soon as you walk into the room. I survived it by ewaving everything that moved and I only managed to keep that up at lower levels because I had a hunting partner. I think creatures still have cast prep time like in GSIII so if you see the prepare spell messaging then you have 5 seconds to shut it down or leg it out of the room. The lvl 50+ version of the spell in it's current form is just too much, a knock down plus a stun plus health loss plus recurring hits every 2 seconds, on top of what ever else the creature has to throw at you while you're stunned or attempting to crawl away.

I think the only real protection without resorting to scripting is to spend a fortune on gear or hunting in a group.
    Last edited by Winter; 10-05-2017 at 04:36 PM.

I found that training SMR defensive skills can greatly help. Fighting fire mages that use this often was wrecking my wizard even with crazy amounts of crit padding until he bolstered is perception to 1x, and then I started surviving it regularly.

5. Default

Heh, I asked the same question and got a lot of good feedback that I've applied reasonably successfully.

Heavy crit padded helmets are amazing. The empress was destroying me

Impact resistant armor with a bit of crit padding, heavy crit padded helm, fire resist leg greaves.

I've put a bit more into physical fitness and am closer to same level perception and it's done wonders.

These steps have helped out considerably.

Boil Earth isn't a problem for anybody including everyone in this thread.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-09-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    fixed.
    Less this and more "Boil Earth" isn't a spell any more. It's "Earthen Fury" now. But way to troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    fixed.
    No you just suck at both life and internet and don't know what you're talking about because nothing in game casts Boil Earth anymore.

I also rarely use Earthen Fury because I don't like waiting for things to die, so nice double fail. Don't forget to tell me another weak Italian joke. Those bother me so much!

Last edited by Methais; 10-09-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible