Page 95 of 240 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Do you know that to step up or ramp up something that there has to be a policy in place already?
    Are you defending trumps policy because his hands are tied? He's powerless to stop it? There is no policy that says you have to separate the parents from their kids. It'd be better for enforcement and logistics to keep the family together for processing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That doesn't say the policy was never before used until Trump. In fact "ramp up" implies it has already been in place.

You're not very good at proving the things you say.
    I don't have to prove it. It just is. Sessions announced it in May.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Yup. That is a misdemeanor.
    Oh, well, as long as it's JUST a misdemeanor. Also if they attempt to enter the US again after already being deported it is a felony. But something tells me you don't care about that.

He separates parents from kids so the parents can be processed criminally then classify the kids as unaccompanied minors. We don't have to do it that way. But trump wants it like that.
    Sure, we don't HAVE to enforce the law, but why the hell would you want a president who does not enforce the law Congress passes? You do know that's, like, one of the duties laid out in the constitution for the president right?

I don't have to prove it. It just is. Sessions announced it in May.
    "I don't have to prove my point, it just is."

Wow.

Oh, well, as long as it's JUST a misdemeanor. Also if they attempt to enter the US again after already being deported it is a felony. But something tells me you don't care about that.

Sure, we don't HAVE to enforce the law, but why the hell would you want a president who does not enforce the law Congress passes? You do know that's, like, one of the duties laid out in the constitution for the president right?
    Obama enforced it without going crazy with tent camps and child detention centers. It doesn't have to be like this. Trump wants it this way.

"I don't have to prove my point, it just is."

Wow.
    Ya man. That's about the sum of it. Sessions had a press conference. Kelly said the kids would go to foster care or wherever. You act like I'm making this shit up. Just google it.

President Trump on Sunday encouraged Washington Post employees to go on strike, saying the move would mean getting rid of "Fake News for an extended period of time.”

“Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea,” Trump tweeted, referencing Jeff Bezos, the Post's owner and CEO of Amazon. “Employees would get more money and we would get rid of Fake News for an extended period of time!”

He also renewed his previous inaccurate claim that the Post is a “registered lobbyist.”
    If there was a shred of honor left on the right wing they'd shut this shit down asap. What the hell is the President doing calling for strikes against a newspaper? What the hell is a republican calling for a union strike for? That's some upside down shit on it's own. This tweet happens to coincide with Roger Stone's new perjury story, but trump scandals are so regular it's difficult associate his tweets with 1 specifically.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39...rnd=1529243071
    Last edited by cwolff; 06-17-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Obama enforced it without going crazy with tent camps and child detention centers. It doesn't have to be like this. Trump wants it this way.
    Obama didn't enforce shit, he created DACA after all. Obama's policy at first was just to lock the children up with their parents in a detention center, you know, where all of those pictures of children sleeping on the floor in cages came from that everyone suddenly cared about when they thought it was happening under Trump? Is that what you want? I think earlier you said your solution was to let every illegal alien apply for asylum and let their entire family roam free until that process plays out, which is NOT enforcing the law.

Ya man. That's about the sum of it. Sessions had a press conference. Kelly said the kids would go to foster care or wherever. You act like I'm making this shit up. Just google it.
    "Just Google it." No.

The contention wasn't that Trump is "separating families", the argument was that Trump is breaking new ground here. He isn't.

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/wh...-an-explainer/

The Obama administration also used family separation when they prosecuted immigration offenses as a deterrent against illegal border crossings after 2014 as more children and families fled violence in Central American countries.
    This is just obvious. Kids don't accompany their parents to jail, in fact it is literally the law that illegal alien children have to be held in a place with the least amount of security.

So unless you're telling me the Obama administration turned a blind eye to all illegal immigration and never prosecuted anyone caught at the border (including repeat offenders who have committed a felony) then you must recognize that Obama did this too. Trump's only "new" policy is he has adopted a zero tolerance policy, which everyone should be cheering.

If there was a shred of honor left on the right wing they'd shut this shit down asap.
    What is "the right wing" supposed to shut down? A president's free speech?

Blog Entries

What the hell is the President doing calling for strikes against a newspaper? What the hell is a republican calling for a union strike for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Remember when union workers used to vote democrat? ~ 6/15/2018
    I really should be getting paid for this.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Obama didn't enforce shit, he created DACA after all. Obama's policy at first was just to lock the children up with their parents in a detention center, you know, where all of those pictures of children sleeping on the floor in cages came from that everyone suddenly cared about when they thought it was happening under Trump? Is that what you want? I think earlier you said your solution was to let every illegal alien apply for asylum and let their entire family roam free until that process plays out, which is NOT enforcing the law.
    Ya he did. Gelston just talked about it. Obama was a hard ass on immigration at the border. Immigrants rights groups called him "deporter-in-chief".

"Just Google it." No.
    Then when I say 2 + 2 = 4 quit saying "Prove it!"

The contention wasn't that Trump is "separating families", the argument was that Trump is breaking new ground here. He isn't.

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/wh...-an-explainer/.
    No, we're talking about the new policy of zero tolerance that Sessions announced and has since put into effect which is why this story is in the news right now and not in February.

This is just obvious. Kids don't accompany their parents to jail, in fact it is literally the law that illegal alien children have to be held in a place with the least amount of security.

So unless you're telling me the Obama administration turned a blind eye to all illegal immigration and never prosecuted anyone caught at the border (including repeat offenders who have committed a felony) then you must recognize that Obama did this too. Trump's only "new" policy is he has adopted a zero tolerance policy, which everyone should be cheering.
    I have already recognized that Obama was harsh on migrants did I not? No one should cheer zero tolerance because it leads to this bullshit.

What is "the right wing" supposed to shut down? A president's free speech?
    Yes. You have the power to speak up, call it out in public, vote against his supporters, contact your representatives and in any number of way do something. Don't act like you're defenseless in the face of this. Just admit you like it and approve. That's more honest.