Page 51 of 240 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    If you live in VA. vote for this guy. He's got it right about the threat to our democracy.

That guy is almost as dumb as you. At least he's saying stupid things like President Trump is the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden" because he wants to rally his base of the willfully ignorant. You say it because.. well, you're still so upset and distraught over the election results 18 months ago.

Your butthurt has indeed been entertaining.

Thank you.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

It might sound crazy to say that Donald Trump is beyond the reach of criticism. After all, isn’t he regularly pilloried on all the major networks, most of the cable news channels, and on the front pages of most national newspapers? Quite so: and this fact, if anything, causes his supporters to huddle closer, and reject or attack anyone who dares utter a critical word. This, in turn, creates an environment in which pundits and politicians on the Right are terrified to say what they really think.

The Trump presidency is reminiscent of the Twilight Zone episode “It’s a Good Life,” in which terrified adults tiptoe around a mercurial child with superpowers, responding to his every cruel and crazed act by nervously saying: “It’s good that you did that, Anthony!” Anthony responds to criticism by sending adults to a “cornfield” from which nobody has ever returned. When one drunken adult snaps and tells Anthony what he really thinks of him, he is turned into a Jack-in-the-Box.

Trump routinely exaggerates and lies, and the people who surround him applaud and say: “It’s good that you did that, Donald!” Trump recently claimed that the New York Times had made up a source out of whole cloth—an official who addressed the likelihood of a summit with North Korea on June 12. When a tape emerged of the very official whose existence Trump had denied, Trump fans were livid…with the media. Trump has made deliberately inaccurate accusations about being wiretapped by Obama and having a “spy” planted in his campaign for political purposes. When these claims are shown to be false—with Trump even boasting that he “branded” an informant as a “spy”—his supporters double down and insist he was right all along: “It’s good that you told those lies, Donald! It’s a real good thing!”

Trump is the Flavor of the Month, and most conservative media have read the writing on the wall. Networks like Fox have largely abandoned any pretense at objectivity, and have surrendered their airwaves to Sean Hannity style cheerleading. The message is clear: line up behind Trump or else. Some pundits get the message, like Hugh Hewitt, and perform the political equivalent of acrobatics to get their public to forget the nasty things they said about Trump in the past. Others don’t get the message—or refuse to heed it—and, sometimes, we get fired for it.
    It's so obvious. Everyone can see what's happening here yet the mob of trump cheerleaders willingly blind themselves to the anti-American president. WTF is wrong with you all? You hate this country so much that you defend this shitbird president?

In the not too distant past, the conservatives had morals, ethics and values which guided their speech and actions. Today, that's all gone. The few who speak out are relegated to the wilderness shouting their message from afar while the headliners kiss major trump ass. It's shocking to see this happen in our country. This is the stuff of the shithole countries that don't value the intangibles that we always assumed made us exceptional.

It's so obvious. Everyone can see what's happening here yet the mob of trump cheerleaders willingly blind themselves to the anti-American president. WTF is wrong with you all? You hate this country so much that you defend this shitbird president?

In the not too distant past, the conservatives had morals, ethics and values which guided their speech and actions. Today, that's all gone. The few who speak out are relegated to the wilderness shouting their message from afar while the headliners kiss major trump ass. It's shocking to see this happen in our country. This is the stuff of the shithole countries that don't value the intangibles that we always assumed made us exceptional.
    butter.jpg

When 90% of all of Trump is negative on MSM, it does sound crazy that President Trump is beyond the reach of criticism.

You would have to literally be the dumbest person ever to turn on a computer to believe such a thing.

Oh hey, it's cwolff. Shocker.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

“You elect the first black president and there was an uproar,” she said. “You saw the obstruction by Republicans time and time again."
    "What Donald Trump did was he tapped into it. Let's not forget, he started his political career talking about birtherism," Jean-Pierre added.

Santorum responded by saying that it was actually Obama that used the presidency to fan the flames of racism.
    “Many people saw Barack Obama being just that, doing more to exacerbate racism,” Santorum said.
    Asked exactly what Obama did to exacerbate racism, Santorum said that “every time someone of color was involved, he took the side, many times, against the police.”
    It's not just Santorum. I've heard this two times today on the morning programs. It's an interesting development because of a few things, 1) repub's never had an answer to their assertion that Obama fanned the flames of racism. (they have that answer now and they're going with the blue lives matter defense) 2) Santorum takes care to stay away from this concept personally. He's putting it on "other people say" or "many people feel".

Bannon's out there too, defending his crazy ass ideas and actions. While Fareed Zakaria asked him about the elections in Italy he took it back to the great recession by saying the markets crashed during the election of 2008 between Obama and McCain. They'll say absolutely anything in the pursuit of power. Even shade Obama for crashing the global economy prior to being elected president.

It's not just Santorum. I've heard this two times today on the morning programs. It's an interesting development because of a few things, 1) repub's never had an answer to their assertion that Obama fanned the flames of racism. (they have that answer now and they're going with the blue lives matter defense) 2) Santorum takes care to stay away from this concept personally. He's putting it on "other people say" or "many people feel".

Bannon's out there too, defending his crazy ass ideas and actions. While Fareed Zakaria asked him about the elections in Italy he took it back to the great recession by saying the markets crashed during the election of 2008 between Obama and McCain. They'll say absolutely anything in the pursuit of power. Even shade Obama for crashing the global economy prior to being elected president.
    President Obama was elected overwhelmingly in 2008 and again in 2012.

Hard to blame racism on it when he received that many votes across the country.

Could it be.. his radical leftist views? WHAT!?!? WEIRD!

Blaming it on race is as dumb as Hillary blaming her loss on sexism or Russia.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Last edited by Methais; 06-04-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

But Sachs’ latest attack in CNN was far more personal about the president. The U.S. has “probably never before had a delusional president, one who speaks gibberish, insults those around him including his closest associates, and baffles the world. We strive to make sense of Trump’s nonsense, implicitly assuming some hidden strategy. There is none,” Sachs declared.

He warned: “Harming our closest allies, raising the prices on key intermediate products, and provoking retaliation cannot possibly deliver higher wages, better jobs, or an improved trade balance.”

The “real answer” is to remove Trump from office using the 25th Amendment to replace him, Sachs concludes.
    “Trump is unwell and unfit to be president. He is a growing threat to the nation and the world.
    “The emperor had no clothes. This president has no sense,”
    he concluded.
    This guy is right on. There is no grand strategy. No unifying plan of action which will coalesce from the chaos of a trump presidency. He's just nuts. That's the simple answer and the simple answer is often correct. trump's got wicked mental health issues.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/01/opini...chs/index.html
    Last edited by cwolff; 06-04-2018 at 03:23 PM.

This guy is right on. There is no grand strategy. No unifying plan of action which will coalesce from the chaos of a trump presidency. He's just nuts. That's the simple answer and the simple answer is often correct. trump's got wicked mental health issues.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/01/opini...chs/index.html
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post