Page 228 of 240 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2394

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Tomorrow could be the day. Trumps got a solo press conference planned.

https://www.axios.com/full-justice-d...mpaign=organic
    No, he's going to wait until Thursday. I actually don't think he's going to fire Rosenstein or allow him to resign. He's just trying to drum up a competing story to distract from Kavanaugh if the testimony goes badly for him.

My guess is that tomorrow's press conference is going to be a similar move. He'll drop some line to try to create a competing news story. This is likely a move intended to try to overshadow whatever Avenatti has planned.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-25-2018 at 10:32 PM.

2. Default

I don't think Rosenstein will resign until Mueller is finished, at least with the obstruction report.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I don't think Rosenstein will resign until Mueller is finished, at least with the obstruction report.
    I generally agree- though the reporting does suggest he really did attempt to resign last week.

The big thing is it's almost unthinkable that the Trump administration will allow anything to happen before the midterms, and they would be absolutely crazy to do it before Kavanaugh's vote.

During Watergate, this is exactly how Congress got Nixon to agree to a new special prosecutor. The Senate held all of his nominations hostage until he agreed. It's likely that Collins, Flake, Murkowski, and Corker (or at least two of them) would side with the Democrats to hold up the Kavanaugh nomination if anything happened to Rosenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    The bad news is 1) you drink jizz and 2) you eat soy 3) you still post here.
    Fixed
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    subpoena subpoena

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ A judge has ordered Gov. Eric Holcomb's office to turn over emails among then-Gov. Mike Pence, then-President-elect Donald Trump and Carrier Corp. about Trump's negotiations to prevent Carrier from moving most of its operations from Indianapolis to Mexico.https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/status...83932638883843
    I wonder what's up with this? It'll go nowhere I'm sure but good to see that there are people still digging for truth. It takes WAY longer to get at the truth than to just tweet out some B.S. but I'm glad people are still chipping away.

Sen. Lindsey Graham: "This has never been about the truth. This has been about delay and destruction. And if we reward this, it is the end of good people wanting to be judges… It is the beginning of a process that will tear this country apart."
    The right keeps warning us of this. Even during trump's campaign, to the electoral college to the way they talk about Mueller's investigation (which they created) to Kavanaugh today. I say go for it. Tear the country apart. We're not worth our flag if we keep going the way we've been going with this conspiracy theory driven, alt-right, win at all costs right wing minority rule.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The right keeps warning us of this. Even during trump's campaign, to the electoral college to the way they talk about Mueller's investigation (which they created) to Kavanaugh today. I say go for it. Tear the country apart. We're not worth our flag if we keep going the way we've been going with this conspiracy theory driven, alt-right, win at all costs right wing minority rule.
    It's funny how cwolff is constantly accusing people of not loving their country and not be patriotic and now here he is saying he wants the country to be torn apart because we're "not worth our flag."

What an absolute piece of shit. No wonder he had to put so many people on ignore, hearing the truth about what a horrible shit stain of a human being you are has to take its toll eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's funny how cwolff is constantly accusing people of not loving their country and not be patriotic and now here he is saying he wants the country to be torn apart because we're "not worth our flag."

What an absolute piece of shit. No wonder he had to put so many people on ignore, hearing the truth about what a horrible shit stain of a human being you are has to take its toll eventually.
    These people hate the country and will do anything to destroy it. That’s what it’s about.