Page 185 of 240 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2394

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    See what I mean? Facts don't matter. We're dealing with religion here.
    """""Facts""""".

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Trump was also told BY THE RUSSIANS that Russia was interfering with the election to get him elected. And then he proceeded to spend the next 2 years casting doubt on the possibility that the Russians were interfering in the election to get him elected.

So there's that.
    crying.jpg

This is from 2 years ago and deserves a good read today. Its Charlie Sykes asking the conservative media to look in the mirror and take some responsibility. Obviously thats not going to happen until we hit rock bottom and there is room for things to get worse but its still worth pondering his words.

CHARLIE SYKES: We've basically eliminated any of the referees, the gatekeepers. There's nobody. Let's say that Donald Trump basically makes whatever you want to say, whatever claim he wants to make. And everybody knows it's a falsehood. The big question of my audience, it is impossible for me to say that, 'By the way, you know it's false.' And they'll say, Why? 'I saw it on Allen B. West.' Or they'll say, 'I saw it on a Facebook page.' And I'll say, 'The New York Times did a fact check.' And they'll say, 'Oh, that's The New York Times. That's bullshit.' There's nobody -- you can't go to anybody and say, 'Look, here are the facts.' And I have to say that's one of the disorienting realities of this political year. You can be in this alternative media reality and there's no way to break through it. And I swim up stream because if I don't say these things from some of these websites, then suddenly I have sold out. Then they'll ask what's wrong with me for not repeating these stories that I know not to be true.

When this is all over, we have to go back. There's got to be a reckoning on all this. We've created this monster. And look, I'm a conservative talk show host. All conservative hosts have basically established their brand as being contrasted to the mainstream media. So we have spent 20 years demonizing the liberal mainstream media. And by the way, a lot has been justifiable. There is real bias. But, at a certain point you wake up and you realize you have destroyed the credibility of any credible outlet out there. And I am feeling, to a certain extent, that we are reaping the whirlwind at that. And I have to look in the mirror and ask myself, 'To what extent did I contribute?'

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You're going full blown retard at this point.

Again.
    Are you suggesting that he ever stopped?

Reported to the bath tub installer admin.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

"All of us believe it is critical to protect classified information from unauthorized disclosure," the group wrote in a letter obtained by CNN. "But we believe equally strongly that former government officials have the right to express their unclassified views on what they see as critical national security issues without fear of being punished for doing so."

The group added that they did not necessarily agree with Brennan's opinions or his manner of expressing them.

"What they do represent, however, is our firm belief that the country will be weakened if there is a political litmus test applied before seasoned experts are allowed to share their views," they wrote. The letter from the former CIA officers comes just one day after 12 former top U.S. intelligence officials condemned Trump's move in a statement.

"We have never before seen the approval or removal of security clearances used as a political tool, as was done in this case," the officials said
    60 more intelligence people have signed a letter condemning trump. It won't matter to his base. Nothing matters to them. It should though and we will hopefully see more conservative types speak out against these abuses of power.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mp-on-security

And Elliott Broidy make another appearance in trumps Reality Show presidency. This time he's not paying off women for abortions or to hush up an affair. Instead he's being investigated by DOJ for peddling influence.

The Justice Department is investigating whether longtime Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy sought to sell his influence with the Trump administration by offering to deliver U.S. government actions for foreign officials in exchange for tens of millions of dollars, according to three people familiar with the probe.
    As part of the investigation, prosecutors are scrutinizing a plan that Broidy allegedly developed to try to persuade the Trump government to extradite a Chinese dissident back to his home country, a move sought by Chinese President Xi Jinping, according to two of the people.
    They also are investigating claims that Broidy sought $75 million from a Malaysian business official if the Justice Department ended its investigation of a development fund run by the Malaysian government. The Malaysian probe has examined the role of the former prime minister in the embezzlement of billions of dollars from the fund.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...721_story.html

And Elliott Broidy make another appearance in trumps Reality Show presidency. This time he's not paying off women for abortions or to hush up an affair. Instead he's being investigated by DOJ for peddling influence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...721_story.html
    No one cares.

8. Default

60 more intelligence people have signed a letter condemning trump. It won't matter to his base. Nothing matters to them. It should though and we will hopefully see more conservative types speak out against these abuses of power.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mp-on-security
    Yeah, these bastions of democracy see no problem with a President who abuses his authority to silence critics at the expense of our national security.

9. Default

Destroying the United States to own the liberals.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Destroying the United States to own the liberals.
    It makes sense. I mean we keep trying to give people civil rights and health care. What other choice have we left them?