Page 12 of 240 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Sorry, your flailing attempts to defend simple voter id as racist because you want to argue on other points is just bad. You made a shitty racist assumption, it's typical on the Left and amazingly common and now you are trying to defend/backkpeddle on it.

Non-citizens should not vote in our elections period. You and the Left continue to argue that they should have no impediment to that because you think that illegal aliens will vote Liberal. If illegals voted Conservative we would have voter ID laws across the country in days and the wall would be done by the 4th of July this year.
    What non citizens are voting? How often is this happening? Who is backing/funding the illegal voting machine? How much does each illegal get paid for 1 vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I love black people. They’re so frail and helpless and poor and dumb that they can’t do simple things on their own like figure out how to get an identification card. That’s why they need me, you see, to protect them from racists like you!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Sorry, your flailing attempts to defend simple voter id as racist because you want to argue on other points is just bad. You made a shitty racist assumption, it's typical on the Left and amazingly common and now you are trying to defend/backkpeddle on it.
    There's nothing to defend. Your entire point rests on a(nother) comical failure in reading comprehension. If someone asked you "is it important that the kitchen is on fire?", you would not assume they were speaking about a hypothetical future fire because they they had used the present tense of the verb "to be", indicating something currently existing, in the present, right now. If someone had instead asked "would it be important...", that would represent a hypothetical future case.
    Non-citizens should not vote in our elections period. You and the Left continue to argue that they should have no impediment to that because you think that illegal aliens will vote Liberal. If illegals voted Conservative we would have voter ID laws across the country in days and the wall would be done by the 4th of July this year.
    I continue to argue that we should abide by the Constitution as written. If the Constitution disfavors your political party, those are the breaks. You think I like that the Constitution gives the President the power to ban Muslim immigration so long as he doesn't allow Christian immigration from the same countries like a moron? No. But those are the breaks, and everyone who was paying attention knew what the result would be at the time.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    There's nothing to defend. Your entire point rests on a(nother) comical failure in reading comprehension. If someone asked you "is it important that the kitchen is on fire?", you would not assume they were speaking about a hypothetical future fire because they they had used the present tense of the verb "to be", indicating something currently existing, in the present, right now. If someone had instead asked "would it be important...", that would represent a hypothetical future case.I continue to argue that we should abide by the Constitution as written. If the Constitution disfavors your political party, those are the breaks. You think I like that the Constitution gives the President the power to ban Muslim immigration so long as he doesn't allow Christian immigration from the same countries like a moron? No. But those are the breaks, and everyone who was paying attention knew what the result would be at the time.

Breaking: AG Sessions avoids second special counsel to investigate GOP-driven claims, names prosecutor who has been investigating claims of FBI misconduct - @LauraAJarrett reports
    Straight up politics here. Sessions dodged the bullet but they still get to ramp up their attacks on the FBI. Republicans going after Conservatives. I for one do still want to know what's up with Guiliani being all giggly about the October surprise that we got in November. At the time the reporting was the FBI contacts had leaked to him and forced Comeys hand. I'm not holding my breath though.

From CNN:

Washington (CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed Thursday that Utah's top federal prosecutor, John Huber, has been examining a cluster of Republican-driven accusations against the FBI and has decided that no second special counsel is needed -- at least for now.

Huber has been looking into allegations that the FBI abused its powers in surveilling a former Trump campaign adviser, and more should have been done to investigate Hillary Clinton's ties to a Russian nuclear energy agency, but his identity had remained a secret.

But Sessions' decision to stop short of formally appointing a special counsel like Robert Mueller, detailed in a lengthy written response to three Republican chairmen on Capitol Hill, will likely anger those in the GOP who have recently ramped up calls to investigate claims of political bias at the nation's top law enforcement agencies.
    This from Chris Hayes:

We are watching the President and his congressional allies using everything in their arsenal to attempt to turn an idependent DOJ into a tool with which to prosecute political enemies. It's happening right out in the open.
    Last edited by cwolff; 03-29-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Trumps also using his office to settle personal grudges. Last night he tweeted to attack Amazon. If you own that stock you know this because he caused a drop in your value. Not only did he attack amazon incorrectly but he also blamed them for using the United States Postal service as their delivery boy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what the Postal Service does? He should be kissing their ass if the do use USPS.

Of course Trump was wrong. He's always wrong. As has been said before, "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has got its shoes on" and that's been a powerful tool for trump and the right these day. Spray and pray shit against the wall and move on before the fact checkers catch up. At least we have these facts checked within 24 hours.

There is no way that a patriot can condone this shit. The right needs to stand up for something bigger than their fears and tribalism. Loyalty to country before party.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/29/tech...xes1051AMStory
    Last edited by cwolff; 03-29-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Some U.S. commanders say what they perceive as a lack of guidance from the White House — which sent Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster packing in a 9-day span — is threatening their mission to destroy ISIS. Cracks are showing in America's alliance with the Kurds of northern Syria, who question whether they can rely on the U.S. under President Donald Trump.

"We’re on the two-yard line. We could literally fall into the end zone. We’re that close to total victory, to wiping out the ISIS caliphate in Syria,” one U.S. special forces commander told NBC News. “We’re that close and now it’s coming apart.”
    More than a half-dozen senior officials interviewed by NBC News shared the commander’s views.
    The hours of interviews revealed a profound sense of frustration, bordering on anger. ...
    "We send memos. We tell them [the White House] what is going on. I’m not sure they’re listening, or if they even know what we’re doing out here," another commander said. "I don’t think anyone is home right now."
    Is this how trump supports the troops?

The danger isn't just in Syria. We have no one minding the store. The WH chaos and dismantled state department are a golden opportunity for our enemies. As a nation, we're exposed. We're vulnerable as fuck right now because trump doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/w...s-warn-n859966

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Is this how trump supports the troops?

The danger isn't just in Syria. We have no one minding the store. The WH chaos and dismantled state department are a golden opportunity for our enemies. As a nation, we're exposed. We're vulnerable as fuck right now because trump doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/w...s-warn-n859966
    butter.jpg

@juliaioffe
    During the campaign, people kept asking: Why does Putin favor Trump?

Today, Putin met with the foreign ministers of Turkey and Iran to discuss the future of Syria, just as Trump announced a pull-out.

That's why.
    We are shrinking, withdrawing into ourselves. Sending out invitations to other countries asking that they rush in to fill the void we leave behind on the world stage and they're all to happy to take our place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    We are shrinking, withdrawing into ourselves. Sending out invitations to other countries asking that they rush in to fill the void we leave behind on the world stage and they're all to happy to take our place.
    Syria is Obama's fucking nightmare.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984