Page 17 of 240 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    “We thought our country had changed,” Jacobs added. “In fact, it didn’t. We were operating on a misconception. ‘My god, we elected a black president in the United States! Look how far we’ve come!’ We haven’t.”
    Obama was white.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-10-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This conflict of interest thing should have been stamped out by the GOP congress.

Lawyers for President Donald Trump’s private company warned Panama’s president last month of “repercussions” if he failed to intervene in a legal dispute involving a Trump hotel in Panama City, The Associated Press and The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The letter from Trump Organization lawyers is believed to be the first time since Trump’s election that his company directly pressured a head of state to help the president’s business. The ploy raises fresh questions of conflict of interest, as Trump defiantly hangs onto his sprawling business interests while in office.
    http://huffp.st/pGFeSuS

5 posts in a row Cwolff...

According to your equally retarded liberal colleagues, you must be upset².
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Jesus Christ. How does this guy get elected and re-elected?
    It makes sense when you consider their geography and history, plus their 'liberal' party was decimated a while ago after their previous PM was caught saying he/they were lying just to get elected.
    Last edited by Taernath; 04-10-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It makes sense when you consider their geography and history, plus their 'liberal' party was decimated a while ago after their previous PM was caught saying he/they were lying just to get elected.
    Ohhh, I didn't clarify that. I was talking about Steve King from Iowa

Blog Entries

Ohhh, I didn't clarify that. I was talking about Steve King from Iowa
    Oh, yeah, King is a... piece of work. Here are a few articles on it:

https://iowastartingline.com/2016/07...or-steve-king/
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...winning-214913

Sounds like a trifecta of his constituents not knowing, not believing, or not caring, and his peers not wanting to criticize their own party. Lots of parallels there.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

For Richard Nixon, the “Saturday Night Massacre” was the beginning of the end.
    The nation finally turned against the embattled president after he forced out — on Oct. 20, 1973 — the attorney general and his deputy who refused to get rid of the special prosecutor investigating him.
    A week later, for the first time, a plurality of Americans favored impeachment. And 10 months later, he resigned.
    But Nixon didn’t have Fox News in his corner.
    President Trump does — and that might make all the difference if he were to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein or even special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.
    The pro-Trump media, led by Fox, would give cover, and huge swaths of Americans would be encouraged to believe that the action was not only justified but absolutely necessary.
    We still had patriots then. The "greatest generation" was around and they didn't countenance this bullshit. I'm not confident the boomers have that kind of backbone to stand for something.

I'm gonna assume that the left wasn't nearly as unhinged back then as they are today either, to the point where some of their base is jumping ship or at the very least staying home on election day.

In a world with time4funs and cwolffs shrieking massive retardation all over the place and trying to turn everything about society upside down, there will be people on both sides who would rather Trump even if he's guilty of everything than anyone the left would put up.

TLDR: People like you and time4fun are why no one cares.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Decent article about Jennifer Rubin and the fall of the GOP. The country needs more conservatives like her before it's too late.

The GOP ‘Has Become the Caricature the Left Always Said It Was’
    Jennifer Rubin has become a leading voice for a group of conservative intellectuals who don’t fit comfortably in either political party—and sees the party she left behind as ‘immoral’ and ‘anti-American.’

Before Trump, she says, being a conservative meant embracing American exceptionalism, forceful moral leadership of the world, promotion of the free market and “fiscal conservatism, which now is a hoot,” she said. “Conservatism, as opposed to Republicanism—and I think that’s an important distinction—was really about a temperament as much as a substantive list of issues. There was a certain modesty in approaching government … a certain humility about governance and a reliance on the structures of the Constitution to keep central government from getting to be too powerful.”
    Last edited by cwolff; 04-17-2018 at 06:52 AM.

This is a little bit of the blowback we can expect from the trump presidency.

After the United States last week accused the Russian-backed Assad regime in Syria of a chemical-weapons attack, Russia had a ready rejoinder: сфабрикованная информация.
    Fake News.

A Kremlin statement dismissed “the latest fake news about a chemical attack on Douma,” calling the charges “absolutely unsubstantiated lies.”

After the Trump administration had accused China of stealing technology, Beijing responded this month by calling the charge that it forces foreign firms to share technology “fake news.”

In Missouri last week, Gov. Eric Greitens (R), facing trial next month on charges related to sexual impropriety, said he was the victim of “fake charges” resulting from a “witch hunt.”

Also last week, the U.S. Marine Corps *suspended Brig. Gen. Kurt Stein, who this month disparaged as “fake news” allegations of sexual harassment at his command, USA Today reported.

President Trump pioneered the use of the term “fake news” to discredit any report he didn’t like. Now the same allegation is being used against the United States abroad by adversaries, and against legitimate authorities at home by those credibly accused of misdeeds.

If Trump’s goal was to debase the very notion of truth, then he can truly say “Mission *Accomplished.”