Page 167 of 240 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2394

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Are you trying to put me on the horns of a dilemma so I get gored either way?
    To be fair, the moments in which you crossed my path before these past couples days I thought you'd be athletically gifted but you wound getting skewered like a kebab.

This is what I mean when I criticize you guys for your framing
    If you would have ended it here, you'd have gained a few points but you had to conclude it...

of an issue then crying if I don't answer your bogus question.
    With some good ole fashioned irony.

Cant you just man up and speak your mind with out all this needless flirting?
    What are you, gay?

I like it.
    Trump hates it.

Trump supporters hate it.

Hell maybe even Melania hates it.

But is it somehow bad that Melania uses the system we have?

I think the problem is people such as yourself seem to think that since people dislike our current immigration policies this means we hate immigrants. I can't speak for everyone but I probably do speak for the vast majority; no. I don't hate immigrants. I don't hate people who make use of our current LEGAL immigration laws. But this doesn't mean I don't want the system changed. I can both have no problem with the people who use our current system and also dislike the system itself.

Stop seeing the world in such black and white terms.

This one weird trick...

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Trump hates it.

FFS dude. I just pointed out the way you attempt to frame these issues as an either/or and now you encourage me to not see the world as black and white.

What you just posted explaining how you view the system and immigration is what you should have posted first instead of wasting time trying catch me in a word trap.

Its a well thought out point of view, adds to the debate and encourages discussion. Do that more and troll less

What you just posted explaining how you view the system and immigration is what you should have posted first instead of wasting time trying catch me in a word trap.
    You framed the thing from the very beginning as a "word trap."

Melania Trump's parents became citizens today.

Your words: how is this not "chain migration"?

If Melania Trump did indeed sponsor her parents for a green card (although this is yet another "sources say" story) then no one said it wasn't chain migration, so why phrase it that way?

Don't be mad at me because I countered your gotcha moment with my own gotcha moment.

I don't even understand cwolff's point. Is he saying we should indeed do away with chain migration? Is he saying Melania Trump shouldn't use our current system to help her parents? I need guidance, cwolff!
    He's saying that only democrats should be allowed to gain legal citizenship. But if they'd rather not, that's cool too as long as they still vote democrat, regardless of whose name it's under.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

What do I think about Melania using our current system? I have no opinion one way or another. You on the other hand seem to have a strong opinion here. Do you attack Melania for using the current system? But that would make you an anti-immigrant bigot. Do you come out in favor of doing away with chain migration? But that would make you an anti-immigrant bigot.

What a pickle you've found yourself in.
    And here is soywolff's response to said pickle:

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    And here is soywolff's response to said pickle:

Those aren't the usual pickles that women on Maury get chased around with.

FFS dude. I just pointed out the way you attempt to frame these issues as an either/or and now you encourage me to not see the world as black and white.

Its a well thought out point of view, adds to the debate and encourages discussion. Do that more and troll less
    You said Rosenne Barr is alt-right, simply because she doesn't hate Trump with a burning passion that consumes every second of every day like you do.

That's about as black and white as you can get.

Stop being stupid.

And retarded.

And soy based.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-10-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You said Rosenne Barr is alt-right, simply because she doesn't hate Trump with a burning passion that consumes every second of every day like you do.

That's about as black and white as you can get.

Stop being stupid.

And retarded.

And soy based.
    This is correct.