Page 106 of 240 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2394

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You see damage, I see a growing GDP and a decrease in unemployment.

Hell, big box stores and malls are even making a comeback against internet purchases.
    Meh...that's been the trend since 2010. Nothing super special about it now. Good news to be sure, but more of the same.

I guess it's progress when righties are willing to admit the unemployment numbers are good and not a fabrication.

Michael Cohen seizes the moral high ground and quits the RNC.

Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime confidant and former personal attorney, has resigned from his post as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee's Finance Committee, sources close to the RNC told ABC News.

In his resignation letter to Ronna McDaniel, the RNC chair, Cohen cited the ongoing special counsel investigation as one reason for his departure. ABC News has reviewed the email.
    “This important role requires the full time attention and dedication of each member. Given the ongoing Mueller and SDNY investigations, that simply is impossible for me to do,” he wrote.

Cohen also criticized the administration's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border, the first time he’s distanced himself from the president.
    "As the son of a Polish holocaust survivor, the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching,” Cohen wrote. “While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Beijing is all to happy to fill the void we leave behind.
    8 years we had a president who did everything in his power to diminish the US power and presence on the world stage and now Democrats are worried about the US leaving the laughably named Human Rights Council.

Meh...that's been the trend since 2010. Nothing super special about it now. Good news to be sure, but more of the same.
    Nothing super special about it now? Unemployment at record lows, minority unemployment at lowest level ever, stock market at highest point ever, economy booming.

"Nothing special here, move along. We can't give Trump even the least amount of credit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Nothing super special about it now? Unemployment at record lows, minority unemployment at lowest level ever, stock market at highest point ever, economy booming.

"Nothing special here, move along. We can't give Trump even the least amount of credit."
    Um.. Obama set this all up. It took him 8 years, but we're finally seeing the fruits of all his labor.

Everyone knows over-regulating business will spur the economy.

DUH
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Um.. Obama set this all up. It took him 8 years, but we're finally seeing the fruits of all his labor.
    Oh yeah, silly me. I guess we credit Bush for setting up the economy to recover under Obama. And give credit to Clinton for setting up the economy to fail under Bush.

But ultimately we credit Washington for setting this all up in the very beginning, then some on the left lose their minds when they remember he owned slaves.

Oh yeah, silly me. I guess we credit Bush for setting up the economy to recover under Obama. And give credit to Clinton for setting up the economy to fail under Bush.

But ultimately we credit Washington for setting this all up in the very beginning, then some on the left lose their minds when they remember he owned slaves.
    Evoking Washington's name is like wanting slavery back. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!?!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

8 years we had a president who did everything in his power to diminish the US power and presence on the world stage and now Democrats are worried about the US leaving the laughably named Human Rights Council.
    That's obviously quite subjective. Obama was well respected around the globe and he advanced US power through things like TPP. To say he did everything in his power to diminish US power isn't supported.

450px-US_Employment_Statistics.svg.jpg

Why are you arguing about this? Unemployment has been declining steadily and the economy's been improving steadily since 2010. It's not magic and I'm not making it up.

You should account for trump calling the unemployment numbers fake until he became POTUS and now he's taking credit for it. Aren't they the same numbers? Did he adjust the metrics? What's the deal with that?
    Last edited by cwolff; 06-20-2018 at 08:08 PM.

That's obviously quite subjective. Obama was well respected around the globe and he advanced US power through things like TPP. To say he did everything in his power to diminish US power isn't supported.
    He was "respected" because he was weak. Leaders always love weak foreign leaders.

Also you're joking about advancing US power via TPP, right?

450px-US_Employment_Statistics.svg.jpg

Why are you arguing about this? Unemployment has been declining steadily and the economy's been improving steadily since 2010. It's not magic and I'm not making it up.
    So to you Obama deserves all the credit because a president plays a pivotal role in the economy and Trump deserves no credit because a president plays no role in the economy. Do I understand your argument correctly?

Also, cwolff, since you supposedly care so much about children, what do you make of Peter Fonda threatening Trump's 12 year old son to kidnap him and place him in a cell full of pedophiles? Does Peter Fonda get a pass because he's a Democrat?

Blog Entries

He was "respected" because he was weak. Leaders always love weak foreign leaders.

Also you're joking about advancing US power via TPP, right?

So to you Obama deserves all the credit because a president plays a pivotal role in the economy and Trump deserves no credit because a president plays no role in the economy. Do I understand your argument correctly?

Also, cwolff, since you supposedly care so much about children, what do you make of Peter Fonda threatening Trump's 12 year old son to kidnap him and place him in a cell full of pedophiles? Does Peter Fonda get a pass because he's a Democrat?
    I'm playing Stellaris right now, and my Empire doesn't allow in immigrants. We do conquer and enslave entire species though. The United Nations of Earth just revealed themselves to me. Lets see how that Space Force fares in the year 2247 (The year it currently is).
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam