Thread: lvl 37 empath

Default lvl 37 empath

looking to get back on my puff

what lores do i need what are some of the different ways to go for hunting at this lvl

prob going pure caster?

Physical Fitness...................| 170 70
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 70 15
    Spell Aiming.......................| 177 77
    Harness Power......................| 179 79
    Mental Mana Control................| 90 20
    Spirit Mana Control................| 90 20
    Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 120 30
    Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 120 30
    Climbing...........................| 86 19
    Swimming...........................| 78 17
    First Aid..........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
    Major Spiritual....................| 19

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Empath.............................| 49
    Last edited by Derex; 02-22-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    standing between the living and the dead

Some folks will tell you ditch the spell aiming. If you trade SA ranks for empath circle ranks, it works out to something like 9 or 10 CS. I did THW with my empath until about 45 and then fixskilled into a pure and trained 2x SA all the way to cap. I liked the utility of 1110, and while the 10 mana is kind of a lot, the warding cycles are pretty nice. If you stick with spell aiming, keep in mind that telepathy gives you extra warding cycles at 5, 20, 40, 65, 100 ranks. The 3 cycles from 20 telepathy ranks is probably more than enough. The other nice thing about being a bolting empath is that you can use wizard wands to hunt longer.

A build totally focused on 1106 is probably the most efficient way to go, but you're limited to stuff with bones. If you go that route, you'd drop SA and put as many ranks as possible into empath circle.

I found that being 2x in HP is overkill -- I'd put the points into empath ranks, but if you like the extra mana it's your call.

Even if you don't sit around and heal, transformation lore is pretty nice to reduce healing RT if you need to heal mid-hunt. Every 3 ranks reduces healing RT by 1. I personally think manipulation lore is overrated -- those 30 ranks give you a 4% chance for an insta-kill with 1106, but meh. I'd rather have the transformation lore.

If you're in sunfist, 65 blessing ranks is nice, but that's a ways off. Eventually you'll want summoning lore when you start using 1115, but that too is a ways off.

I'd also recommend being 1x in arcane symbols and MIU for runestaff defense. They're quite cheap. You also don't seem to have any armor use -- you probably want 8 ranks for double leather.

thanks
    standing between the living and the dead