Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here I am again... biting the dust ALL the time.

Yeah 2x SA all the way, you'd have to drop your 1100's to do it most likely.

1110 is a great single target spell with high damage, 111 is better for crowds and things resistant to fire, web bolt is nice because it also disables and does decent damage vs lower AsG's ... plus it won't blow you up in certain hunting areas like the other 2.

Also don't forget for web bolt you need 20 ranks of spirit lore, summoning to use it. And fire flares/111 will set the web on fire for extra damage.

Finally, the other good thing about spell aim is now you can use wizard wands to extend your mana.

2. Default

Thanks for the ideas, all. I did adjust my training per the advice here. One is when I try 111 my AS is SO low it can't hit anything. Is that normal? What increases it? I did 2x in spell aiming and have summoning ranks and what not.

I dunno who told you to go with Spell Aiming, but it's not ideal for you as a Giant(wo)man with non-capped (<100) Dexterity. Even capped you'd be playing a little far behind.

Honestly your initial training path wasn't that bad. I would attribute any deaths to being rusty and/or needing to learn the hunting ground. All of the capped hunting grounds have a period where you're gonna die until you recognize what situations to run away from.
    Last edited by Zarston; 02-25-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by undernolights View Post
    What increases it? I did 2x in spell aiming and have summoning ranks and what not.
    211, 215, Dex enhancives, 509, society powers, other stuff!

5. Default

Fudge.

Have you tried different hunting grounds? I'm not certain how you could have bolt AS so low as to not be able to hit anything even with low dex? Empath bolt AS is usually equal to wizard bolt AS.

The same goes for if you swap back to a CS build, try a different hunting area?

7. Default

Hmm. Yeah, I am doing the aqueducts which is a bit below my train and I still can't hit. But the web bolting is awesome! Either way, I think the biggest thing is I need to stay hunting under level for a while.

Yeah, SA will make you able to hit a greater range of creatures, but bolting is generally not an empath's best option, especially if you're up hunting. Maybe it's too late at this point, but here are my two cents:

Drop down to 8 AU ranks like everyone else said
    Get rid of all 120 ranks of that manipulation lore, put 57 in to transformation, and put the rest into empath circle ranks
    Bring arcane symbols up to 1x for extra runestaff defense
    Bring MMC up to at least 25 ranks, but preferably 1x (a little extra mana recovery plus extra targets for 1117)
    If you're in sunfist, bring blessing ranks up to 65. If you're not in sunfist, drop out of your inferior society and join sunfist. Or if you're not in sunfist and don't want to join, then get rid of all that blessing lore and bring summoning up to 1x.

If you're casting 1120 at everything and still dying, it means your CS is too low. Get more empath circle ranks. Or maybe don't take on more than one or two at a time. Stop casting 1106 and start opening with 1115, and make sure you channel. If you can go 1v1 against a creature and it's not too swarmy, go use offensive stance for the +20 enroll bonus when channeling -- if you're really feeling bold, put away your runestaff for the full +40 bonus. This will allow you to one-shot a lot more stuff with 1115, thereby saving mana. Of course, it might also get you killed. You keep up 140 if you want to make going hands free safer, but then you're not really saving any mana.

Also, to hell with OTF. Go hunt Nelemar.
    Last edited by khorpulent; 02-26-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    211, 215, Dex enhancives, 509, society powers, other stuff!

509? What is this, 1996?

513 would help, though.

Wait until post cap to bother with spell aim. Empaths can bolt well enough, but the TPs are better spent elsewhere to increase your hunting. You will rely more on your CS than your bolt AS - and kill things much faster (in general) with CS based spells. That means over-training your Empath circle to be at least +21 above your level.

Also, not sure why people aren't mentioning this, but the real secret to powerfully murdering something as an Empath/Cleric is 240... 240 is sick, and should be used frequently.

At your current training (in the OP), you'd have +35 AS/CS and 80% chance for your spell to be duplicated.
    Last edited by Maerit; 02-26-2018 at 11:22 AM.