Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIA

Default MIA

Anyone know anything about the armed guard at that Florida school shooting? Its been a week and I can't find much information on what he was doing, where he was, why didn't he stop it etc....

I've caught various unofficial explanations; the campus was too big, he was called away from the school, it was his day off, he didn't encounter the shooter, he followed protocol by not entering a bldg. with an active shooter etc... but the link below is the most official thing I've seen and it doesn't have any answers either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/u...-shooting.html

Here's one quote from the article.

Deputy Peterson “was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell,” said Officer Burton, who worried the gunman could be lurking in the lot because he heard no gunshots or screams to guide him toward the site of the shooting.

Deputy Peterson, who has been in law enforcement for more than 30 years, could not be reached for comment, and no one answered the door at his home in neighboring Palm Beach County.
    Last edited by cwolff; 02-22-2018 at 01:32 PM.

“Staff and everyone responded quickly,” Runcie said, based on a briefing by the Broward Sheriff’s Office. “The SRO was communicated with but was on another part of campus.”
    This was in I believe the sun sentinel

Authorities have said the SRO at Stoneman Douglas from the sheriff's office did not engage with Cruz during the attack. It is not clear whether he was elsewhere on campus, which includes several buildings, or away from the school entirely.
    This from Reuters.

Shades of Columbine.

Deputy on-site. Stayed outside awaiting backup.

Goods guys with guns wait for more good guys with guns by which time, the bad guys with guns have killed more kids.

So much for the “more good guys” strategy.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Shades of Columbine.

Deputy on-site. Stayed outside awaiting backup.

Goods guys with guns wait for more good guys with guns by which time, the bad guys with guns have killed more kids.

So much for the “more good guys” strategy.
    So you think cops shouldn't be armed? This guy was a cop.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Looks like he just didn't want to get shot.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — The armed school resource officer assigned to protect students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School took a defensive position outside the school and did not enter the building while the shooter was killing students and teachers inside with an AR-15 assault-style rifle, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

Israel suspended School Resource Deputy Scot Peterson on Thursday after seeing a video from the Parkland, Fla. school that showed Peterson outside the school building where the shooter was inside and attacking.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position, and never went in,” Israel said.

He said Peterson was armed, and was in uniform, and should have gone into the building during the 6-minute event, which left 17 people, most of them teenagers, dead. When asked what the deputy should have done, Israel said: “Went in and addressed the killer. Kill the killer.”
    Last edited by cwolff; 02-22-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So you think cops shouldn't be armed? This guy was a cop.
    This cop is maybe how you say, not that brave? I believe healthy American man call them "Pussies". Maybe cops only good at shooting unarmed Americans who cry and beg?

American's are not so brave even with guns.

Blog Entries

There are some cops that are going to be sissies, they are people, but this is also why I think you should have more than 1 cop at larger schools like this. 4000 kids? I think 4 cops.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

The answer is always more

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The answer is always more
    you're retarded.