Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: White House Security Clearances

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Law 3: So you don't understand anything about how classified documents work, got it.
    Damn professor. If you have a point to make, MAKE IT for god's sakes. Just spell it out. I've got to go to bed anyway.

What exactly are you trying make me understand in this roundabout question and answer session.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Damn professor. If you have a point to make, MAKE IT for god's sakes. Just spell it out. I've got to go to bed anyway.

What exactly are you trying make me understand in this roundabout question and answer session.
    That you should have some idea WTF you are talking about before you start spewing crap you have no clue about.

That you should have some idea WTF you are talking about before you start spewing crap you have no clue about.
    That has never happened before, why do you think it will happen in the future?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

4. Default

More than 30 aides to President Donald Trump have been stripped of access to top secret intelligence, two people familiar with the move said.

The officials have been notified that they will be downgraded to lower-level “secret” interim security clearances, said the two people. None of the officials has been asked to leave the administration and their portfolios on top secret matters will be distributed to other staff members, they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Because that is not how it works. The POTUS cannot grant someone a security clearance. He can declassify information.
    Actually it is exactly how it works, the authority to issue a security clearance resides with the Executive Branch and is normally delegated down to the appropriate level, but ultimately the authority rest with POTUS.

Are you sure about this because I've seen quite a few reports that the FBI does the background check then submits it to the WH which has a security group review it but ultimately it's up to potus.
    The FBI does not do all investigations for a clearance, each Agency is responsible for coordinating which delegated entity will conduct the investigation and issue the clearance. The FBI might get involved in all TS clearances, it has been too long since I had one so I cannot remember, but for just a Confidential or Secret, it is handled by whatever entity has been designated for that Agency. I am not even sure anyone still issues just a Confidential anymore, I know for DHS you have to be able to qualify for at least a Secret if you need a clearance for your job.

Typical shit. I said what I had to say. You still haven't said shit. I think you're cute little logic circle backfired on you.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Actually it is exactly how it works, the authority to issue a security clearance resides with the Executive Branch and is normally delegated down to the appropriate level, but ultimately the authority rest with POTUS.

The FBI does not do all investigations for a clearance, each Agency is responsible for coordinating which delegated entity will conduct the investigation and issue the clearance. The FBI might get involved in all TS clearances, it has been too long since I had one so I cannot remember, but for just a Confidential or Secret, it is handled by whatever entity has been designated for that Agency. I am not even sure anyone still issues just a Confidential anymore, I know for DHS you have to be able to qualify for at least a Secret if you need a clearance for your job.
    Definitely. We farm a lot of the work out to contractors too which you may be referring to when you say delegated entity.

I can't find the article that said POTUS can wave a wand and grant clearance for someone but I found this which is interesting:

“Nearly a year after expressing concerns about the security clearance process at the White House, reports indicate that dozens of White House personnel still retain interim security clearances,” Tester wrote FBI Director Christopher Wray. “If the White House Personnel Security Division is adjudicating security clearances based on flawed or incomplete information from the FBI, that is of great concern.”
    Tester said personnel are typically put through a rigorous review before a security clearance is granted, including a pre-investigation, an investigation, adjudication and, if necessary, reinvestigation.

Blog Entries

Typical shit. I said what I had to say. You still haven't said shit. I think you're cute little logic circle backfired on you.
    Good job! You said words! Here is a gold star! Next step is to actually be correct. You're almost there! I know you can do it!

Good job! You said words! Here is a gold star! Next step is to actually be correct. You're almost there! I know you can do it!
    Can't stand a man who won't make a statement and defend it.

Blog Entries

Can't stand a man who won't make a statement and defend it.
    I'm not here to make a statement, I was just trying to correct yours and hopefully show you where you went wrong. I failed at that apparently, but I can live with that.
    Last edited by drauz; 03-01-2018 at 05:38 AM.