Thread: THW Ranger

Default THW Ranger

I've been working this ranger up through his first 20 levels and sunfist as a THW user. Now that he's level 18 I've switched to a sniper build. In my mind I've always planned to make him a sniper. I'm finding it's less OP than he was as THW even when not using spells to hunt. Just a spell up and sigils. I suppose this changes as he gets older. Wondering how any THW rangers are out there through levels 20-60 and what they think of it compared to ranged.

**Note: He's a DE and I'll set his stats for cap before he turns 20 so he will be weaker physically.

Any good ideas or different perspectives let me know.
    Last edited by cwolff; 02-21-2018 at 03:11 AM.

THW ranger is pretty easily playable all the way to cap, if anything your spells help enhance your hunting capability as you get higher level. I never seriously did an archer ranger but I've been told 40-60 is when it really starts coming into its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    THW ranger is pretty easily playable all the way to cap, if anything your spells help enhance your hunting capability as you get higher level. I never seriously did an archer ranger but I've been told 40-60 is when it really starts coming into its own.
    Ranged and sniping is a fun way to hunt but this little ranger just mauls the shit out of anything he hunts with his big old battle axe. And lets face it. No screwing around with arrows is a big bonus.

Blog Entries

Yeah, ranged takes a while to get up to speed, and dealing with arrows is a pain especially if you hunt undead.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I can't recall off the top of head now, but it was at least level 40 before my eye shots were consistent (2x perception, 1x ambush). Waiting until a later level to switch to archery also gives your strength bonus some time to grow if you to set your status in a manner that did not maximize strength early on.

I would definitely stick with THW rangering for a while, maybe even longer since your stats are set for cap unless you have access to some sweet, sweet enhancives.
    Last edited by Drazaan; 02-21-2018 at 10:46 AM.

I might roll with it a while. My last ranger was a voln fu guy and his ranged was good. I did waste stats on higher STR, Dec and agi. Ive got 4 fixstats left so Ill play with it and see how he does. Got him through gos early so thats helping