Thread: Can +TD be enchanted?

Default Can +TD be enchanted?

I've got some full leather with +7 TD and moderately resistant to disruption attacks. Can it be enchanted? I tried using an ayveneh potion on it first because I figured it was needed, but it just evaporated. I then went ahead and used my dirtokh potion on it and it also evaporated. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries

Nope
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    Nope
    Damn. Is that mentioned anywhere on Wiki? Cause if not, it should be. I tried looking but couldn't find anything that mentioned it.

So if +TD armor can't be player enchanted, is it worth keeping it (4x, +7 TD) or just get something else I can enchant to 7x? The armor is for my mage. Should I maybe just keep it and try to have it padded, or can the smithy not add padding to it either?

Smithy can pad pretty much anything.

I have more issues with warding than attacks, so I would trade 15 DS for 7 TD. But my main is a warrior, not a mage.
    Last edited by JNewhall; 02-20-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JNewhall View Post
    Smithy can pad pretty much anything.

I have more issues with warding than attacks, so I would trade 15 DS for 7 TD. But my main is a warrior, not a mage.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious on what the range of +TD armor there is out there. From what I've heard, with the inherent +7 TD plus getting it ensorcelled, it should be pretty great for helping to protect against magic attacks. But is leather with an inherent +7 TD on the low, mid, or high end of armors that have built in +TD?

Blog Entries

If I'm remembering correctly, once upon a time in the ages of yore, ensorcell was going to be exactly like enchanting, but for TD, with 2 TD per ensorcell level. Luckily they went for CvA instead, because that system, while opening up +TD items to enchanting, would have had them stuck at 10x for both combined. So like, +25AS and +10TD would have been a 10x weapon.

Now, this would have helped your situation, in that you'd have been able to enchant your armor, although it would have been considered 8x and stupid expensive.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You can always enchant it with premium points.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    You can always enchant it with premium points.
    TD adds 100 PPs to the cost of enchantment, for each point of TD.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.