Thread: 7x Greater Undead Bane, +3 dex, +3 str, sighted against undead Long Bow

Default 7x Greater Undead Bane, +3 dex, +3 str, sighted against undead Long Bow

Not for sale now since the undead bane is temporary.

Code:
    The first thing that strikes you about the bow is the weight, which is about 2 pounds.  In your best estimation, it's worth about 750,000 silvers.  You can also tell that the crimson long bow is predominantly crafted of ruic.

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the bow.  From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the bow is as some type of weapon.  Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties. 
     It also appears to have a temporary modification of some kind.  A sense of deep seated hatred clings to the crimson long bow, as if it had been crafted with a specific purpose.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the crimson long bow in your hand...

It has a bonus of +35 from a normal bow, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.  
    This crimson long bow seems to be the bane of all undead creatures.

The bow resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
        It provides a bonus to Dexterity.
        It provides a bonus to Strength.
        This item may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 15 times.

The crimson long bow resonates with your voice, indicating that it has been enchanted by xxxx.
    This crimson long bow assists its bearer with aiming attacks at range when employed against all undead creatures. 
    The bow resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
       It provides a bonus of 3 to Dexterity.
        It provides a bonus of 3 to Strength.
        This enhancive item may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 15 times.
        The bow looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

The bow resonates with your voice, revealing some details of its temporary enhancement:
        The bow's enhancement will degrade when it scores a successful strike.
        It should be able to withstand a few uses before its enhancement has completely degraded away.
        When its enhancement has degraded away, the item will lose its powers against particular creatures.

You sense that the crimson long bow will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

A shiny strip of silver parchment secured around the grip of the crimson long bow reads, "The Legendary Bow formerly owned by Whirlin N'Harren."
    Last edited by cwolff; 02-15-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Sorry, but unless I'm missing something, that's just temp undead bane oil poured on it. It's still a nice bow, but it's not worth a grand.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Sorry, but unless I'm missing something, that's just temp undead bane oil poured on it. It's still a nice bow, but it's not worth a grand.
    That would make sense. I didn't pay nearly that much for it but checked it against the loresing message on the wiki.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    That would make sense. I didn't pay nearly that much for it but checked it against the loresing message on the wiki.
    If that is Whirlin's old bow then I'm pretty sure that isn't perm undead bane.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    If that is Whirlin's old bow then I'm pretty sure that isn't perm undead bane.
    Thank you for the info. I'll delete this...if I can.
    Last edited by cwolff; 02-15-2018 at 09:33 PM.