Thread: Prolonging Logic Bonus Items idea

Default Prolonging Logic Bonus Items idea

Had this time and wondered if it works:

Seems like enhancive charges are checked in certain time intervals and then randomly depleted of a charge based on that. It was tested that picking up or wearing/unwearing did not deplete a charge

For logic daggers or similar items - does it make sense then to create a script that waits for a pulse, puts the logic bonus away, waits ~50 seconds, gets it out, holds it for the 10-20 seconds until the next pulse, and then repeat?

This can potentially increase the lifespan of a non-potioned logic item by almost 2-3x longer.

Am i missing something?

I think each time you equip an item there's a chance of losing a charge. So I'm not sure you are going to prolong the life doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    Had this time and wondered if it works:

Seems like enhancive charges are checked in certain time intervals and then randomly depleted of a charge based on that. It was tested that picking up or wearing/unwearing did not deplete a charge

For logic daggers or similar items - does it make sense then to create a script that waits for a pulse, puts the logic bonus away, waits ~50 seconds, gets it out, holds it for the 10-20 seconds until the next pulse, and then repeat?

This can potentially increase the lifespan of a non-potioned logic item by almost 2-3x longer.

Am i missing something?
    From how I understand the system works, yes, that would probably extend the life.

You'd be safer to spend $0.75 or 50k and get one of the unlimited enhancive pause tokens. Set up your script to pause the enhancive after each pulse and then un-pause it about 50-55 seconds later. No getting/putting away spam, and triggering the pause command doesn't have the risk of draining a charge like equipping/un-equipping does.

Is it a good idea? No.

Would it work under the known mechanics? Yes, I don't think you are missing anything; I think it would work presuming you weren't sent to the consultation lounge for doing it (there may not be exp pulses in the consultation lounge).
    Last edited by gilchristr; 02-15-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

I currently have a script to swap my gear between rest and hunts, so I don't lose the charges on hunting stuff while resting, and on logic stuff while hunting. As far as I know the act of putting items on/off does not drain the charges.... if anyone knows this to be otherwise, speak up.

There was a player test a while back where someone showed they could stow/get/wear stuff a zillion times rapidly and not drain charges. A GM responded that the system is based primarily on time. Every "pulse" (not necessarily same thing as an exp pulse or mana pulse), it checks how long it has been since you last "rolled" to lose a charge, for everything you're wearing/holding. If it has been long enough, you roll again. I think he also said it checks when you get/wear stuff.

Imagine the check interval is every hour. Unless you put something away for more than an hour at a time, you won't save charges.
    But based on experience, stuff seems to last longer if you take it off between hunts, so the check might be once every 10 minutes, or every minute, etc. rather than every hour.

I doubt you've saving any changes by putting stuff away between pulses, based on the hunch that that they trigger would be once-every-n-exp pulses. But it might.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Glaves: "Dergoatean is swedish for Stillfront"