Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official: Duskruin Dig February 2018

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

2. Default

Man I miss that type of cooking popcorn always do microwave now!

So stuff that is getting retired this run or next, will return eventually?
    GSIV:Jhacen: "raise me you stupid bitch"

discord: vusit#6092

Quote Originally Posted by Vusit View Post
    If that's the case, he should have called it professional wrestling retired.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    [/I]
    What does Flares + W/P/S mean? And what does "not this run" mean? I thought you can add flares to W/P/S gear without any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    would have made sense. But sense and simutronics don't mix lol

Eh, I think it makes perfectly good *business* sense. People are gonna have do to a lot more sewer runs to get the scrip than arena runs. Releasing cool stuff when the only way to get new scrip is through the sewers is kind of brilliant (I realize that people can just pool/buy scrip from other people).
    Last edited by Khariz; 02-16-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    What does Flares + W/P/S mean? And what does "not this run" mean? I thought you can add flares to W/P/S gear without any problems?
    No it means adding flares in the primary slot to weighted/padded/sighted gear.

That used to not be possible. And while you can easily add tiny service portions of wps to already flared items. The pricing is not agreed upon yet to do the opposite.

Basically, they used to share the primary slot, wps got its own, the smithy costs (and increments) account for this, but the power jump of an item with heavy wps plus flares has not been accounted for yet.
    Last edited by Roblar; 02-16-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vusit View Post
    May as well use a magic eight ball.

Some items no or not right away, some things maybe in June?

Just depends on how long the game is up, Duskruin runs and the needs and wants of the company and players over time. Given enough time, the probability of stuff being offered again is good, though there are many options of items and services to rotate. Or even other events to stock or use them as a draw.

The power jump is likely inconsequential in most cases I suspect. Weighting is randomized and so are flares. One can control weighting randomization (the thing already approved), but controlling flare randomness is nearly impossible. Also, if a weighted weapon kills a target, the flare is irrelevant. I just don't see the appeal of flares and weighting/sighting in all but the most extreme cases(rare/unique flares). Armor is a nice place for flares plus padding, though
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

I agree in most cases but likely some coding to account for properties is planned instead of offering a high cost cert 1 size fits all.

And crit weighting is not randomized, paddings and damage weighting is. The new stuff that can now be added are limited somewhat (bless and eblade), and the reverse is limited by the service system by time and opportunity. We’ll see what comes up but this is still a bonus of the new slot.