Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stun maneuvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    1207 is amazing though. It inflicts RT as well as prone status, which is invaluable for many reasons. I'd recommend revisiting your ability to use 1207 reliably once you start fighting durable casters (i.e. high HP with WoF or Wizard's Shield running) because these guys will be harder to prone and stun with your mstrike.

Does 1202 armor class help with maneuver durability? That's really the only time I can think a monk would need to train for higher armor class, and I was under the impression that only padding on armor helps in that regard.
    I definitely use 1207 in some situations, but because it only hits a single target I don't find myself using it that frequently. And because I'm a halfling, I definitely tend to knock stuff down anyhow with ordinary attacks. If I were aiming for heads and trying to 1-shot individual creatures, I could see the appeal of 1207 (since I can't reach most creatures' heads anyhow), but I've never really liked aiming my attacks. With 1213 up, I often have the stamina to do a focused mstrike before the cooldown ends, and that usually seems fairly effective. I'm sure I may have to revisit my tactics as I gain levels and the creatures I'm fighting get tougher.

I doubt that increasing armor class with 1202 helps with maneuvers, but I still like having the extra protection for situations where I end up knocked down/immobilized/rt locked/dispelled and my DS drops enough to get hit. Yeah monks tend to have high DS, but there are always situations where your DS can drop precipitously.

This, of course, brings me back to the original purpose of this post, which is to wonder if it'd really be worth it to train stun maneuvers. I guess I'll have to answer that question myself in another 4m exp, since it's starting to look like no one else has really tried it. If only 1205 would work on any of the status effects that really matter

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I got the 90 ranks at level 45, it was super expensive but I'm "done" with that skill for a long time. Maybe I'll push for the next focused tier but honestly the 4 to 5 focused strikes with flares is generally plenty. Plus the extra 40 ranks in cman is a difference of what +20 UAF? I like the FoF and mstriking benefits more.
    Those 40 ranks would only yield 20 UAF, but you could put the CM points into rank 3 of punch mastery, 3 ranks of kick mastery, and a rank of evade mastery to yield +5 MM while punching, +15 MM while kicking (plus the tier-up bonuses), and +9% evade chance. UAF doesn't matter much, but the MM bonus is kind of a big deal.

And of course, those CM ranks help in defending against maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    This, of course, brings me back to the original purpose of this post, which is to wonder if it'd really be worth it to train stun maneuvers. I guess I'll have to answer that question myself in another 4m exp, since it's starting to look like no one else has really tried it. If only 1205 would work on any of the status effects that really matter
    Keep us updated if you decide to do stun maneuvers. Yeah 1205 removing/reducing stun would be awesome but I guess we do need some vulnerabilities.

Those 40 ranks would only yield 20 UAF, but you could put the CM points into rank 3 of punch mastery, 3 ranks of kick mastery, and a rank of evade mastery to yield +5 MM while punching, +15 MM while kicking (plus the tier-up bonuses), and +9% evade chance. UAF doesn't matter much, but the MM bonus is kind of a big deal.

And of course, those CM ranks help in defending against maneuvers.
    I finished transformation lore today and now I'll be working towards 2x cman. (only 924 physical TPs...) If you ever want to have a monk hunting party feel free to hit me up via PM.

Whats your redux like? Would be interested to see what the extra 20 spells is doing to my redux. I was planning on 3x PF but I think that will come much later.

[redux: Level: 64]
    [redux: Primary skills: 142]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 404]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 132]
    [redux: Redux points: 3432.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 40]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 29.05%.]
    Last edited by wetsand; 02-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.

5. Default

I never felt the need for stun maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I never felt the need for stun maneuvers.
    Interesting, why so much TWC, whats your spells like at 71, if you don't mind sharing what race and where are you hunting at 71?

7. Default

Been awhile since I hunted on my monk, don't remember why I had so much TWC. I ended up switching over to a THW/Mongoose build. Hunting minotaurs in the labyrinthe.

Look like those 20 spells don't make a huge difference:

[redux: Level: 63]
    [redux: Primary skills: 141]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 415]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 130]
    [redux: Redux points: 3460.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 20]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 31.88%.]

Reroll. You’re wasting time playing a monk.

Look like those 20 spells don't make a huge difference:

[redux: Level: 63]
    [redux: Primary skills: 141]
    [redux: Secondary skils: 415]
    [redux: Tertiary skills: 130]
    [redux: Redux points: 3460.0]
    [redux: Spell ranks: 20]
    [redux: Your Redux estimates to be 31.88%.]
    Woah, kinda surprised theres only a 2.83% decrease for 20 spell ranks. I would have guessed yours would be way more.