Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enchanting... Its not broken? Really?

Default Enchanting... Its not broken? Really?

Just venting...

This is the third time I've failed on this heavy Crit weighted axe. Once at 4x, once at 6x (Had to do all of 6x over) and then the FINAL cast at 7x with Gift of eonake running.

I mean come on, 3+ months for it to fail? THis is stupid as all get out.

What is the solution for this? DO we have a mechanic to fix it, or do i need to redo the entire enchant from 6x?

Flame

You gesture at an elegant etched vultite waraxe.
    You sense that the waraxe is one of your own projects, and it is ready to be enchanted. It is on the final step of the enchanting process. You recognize the vibrant indigo aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.

Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting an elegant etched vultite waraxe.

-----------------------------

This is nuts.

You channel at an elegant etched vultite waraxe.

Something doesn't seem right...

Visible wisps of essence dance across the surface of the etched vultite waraxe as you chant quietly, your sure gestures guiding them to slowly coalesce into small softly glowing runic symbols. Glancing over the formation of the runes, your chant falters as you notice their forms contorting oddly. You gather something has gone terribly wrong.

Roundtime: 20 sec.

-----------------
    >pre 405
    You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    >cast my war
    You gesture at an elegant etched vultite waraxe.
    The layers of essence permeating the etched vultite waraxe unfold before you to reveal the familiar patterns of a tempering enchanting project, which you recognize as one of your own. It is currently tempered and ready to be enchanted. It is on the final step of the enchanting process. It appears to be locked, preventing further progress toward enchanting it. You recognize the vibrant indigo aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.
    >;chat It is on the final step of the enchanting process. It appears to be locked, preventing further progress toward enchanting it. You recognize the vibrant indigo aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.

You can get it unlocked at any GALD merchant, or you can start the 7x process over from scratch. Those are your two options from where it is right now. Sorry you got the fumble roll on that enchant.

Such a bummer using the Gift of E too....

RNG sucks.

Better than it blowing up.

3 times on one project seems a bit much. Maybe Post on EO forums or officials for a GM to double check it’s working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    3 times on one project seems a bit much. Maybe Post on EO forums or officials for a GM to double check it’s working as intended.
    I agree 3 seems excessive, one I can believe since he had to make 22 cast, but that is not wholly true either since the fail is only possible on the last cast which he only had 4 of, so I would say you are right, assuming he is following all the guidelines for enchanting he is either the unluckiest bloke in the world or something is broken.

You'd figure @ cap, with no scars/weight issues and the like I wouldnt have as many issues as I've had with this =/

I figured it was at least 25 casts based on the fact that he failed on the way to 4x the first time, but yeah, it sounds like you're pretty unlucky. It's a 3% chance at failure on that last cast though, so even with GoE up it'd be basically one in a thousand to fail it, but it's not so small that it couldn't happen.

My anecdotal experience is that the only time I've failed a final cast in a long time is when using a GoE. I've actually wondered if it could be triggering wrong and giving a second chance to fail instead of to succeed. With only two enchanting wizards, though, I have far too few data points to prove or disprove that hypothesis. Has anyone else noticed something like this, or is it just coincidence on my part?
    Last edited by Jymamon; 02-04-2018 at 07:59 PM. Reason: English

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jymamon View Post
    My colloquial experience is that the only time I've failed a final cast in a long time is when using a GoE. I've actually wondered if it could be triggering wrong and giving a second chance to fail instead of to succeed. With only two enchanting wizards, though, I have far too few data points to prove or disprove that hypothesis. Has anyone else noticed something like this, or is it just coincidence on my part?
    I thought Eonak took the higher of the two rolls?