Thread: WTB Capped or NEAR Capped Character for cheap...ish?

1. Default WTB Capped or NEAR Capped Character for cheap...ish?

Done
    Last edited by Ditsyblonde; 02-04-2018 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Done

Not to discourage you from the purchase, I hope you find one, but recently capping has made me realize that it's been all about the journey, unless you have a financial or hunting goal in mind.

At cap, there's really nothing to look forward to aside from getting training points and silvers. There's also no unique hunting ground. You hunt the same areas for the most part from mid 80s through to 100. Not sure what experience you're hoping for, so I'd think about what it is you're looking to get from it before buying.
    Last edited by Erous; 02-03-2018 at 01:36 PM.

3. Default

I've been playing on and off, really off since 96! I've gotten to mid 30's on any given character (Ranger) mostly. I've been back for a few months. I purchased a 59 Wizard who is now 61, and 80 Empath who is now 81. They are both fun, but I've always quit/burned out before getting to new hunting grounds monsters etc. A lot of new friends are all capped and I just wanted a chance to try that part of the game out! Thanks for the input so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    The reverse argument is that very few will actually reach cap starting from scratch and frankly kill kill kill do bounty rest repeat for years and years every fucking dayget's boring quick.
    What's different at cap? You do bounty rest and repeat for years with no stat or level gain. If doing that every day is boring, then this isn't really the game for you. It used to be worse. I played before the adventurer's guild when grinding was the only source of xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditsyblonde View Post
    I've been playing on and off, really off since 96! I've gotten to mid 30's on any given character (Ranger) mostly. I've been back for a few months. I purchased a 59 Wizard who is now 61, and 80 Empath who is now 81. They are both fun, but I've always quit/burned out before getting to new hunting grounds monsters etc. A lot of new friends are all capped and I just wanted a chance to try that part of the game out! Thanks for the input so far.
    That's a fair statement then, to be able to hunt with friends. Hence why I asked for what you were looking for. Best of luck!

I think there's plenty to do post cap, particularly for semis, but really, every class has fun things to work on. As a warrior, which I know so I'll use it as my example, you'll probably reach cap without maxing any of your prime skills, or perhaps 2 out of 4 (prime in my book are the skills you can 3x train in). Maxing those has great side benefits. You can also learn additional attack methods that are quite complimentary to each other. Add in some basic spells and now you're at 3x cap.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

There an empath for sale for like $280, might be close enough to your range. http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...92#post2004592

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    blah blah bla... repeat for years and years every fucking day ....blah blah blah blah
    Fuck, I'm supposed to be playing every single day? No wonder Cylnthia hasn't reached capped yet!! (Been playing her since 2001, only 93.)

/sarcasm
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

9. Default

I've been playing games since the mid 90's. I've had my time playing solo and with groups and friends.. I only find it enjoyable these days to play with friends, and or make new ones. At this point in my gaming career, it's about having fun doing what I want, so I'll try and accomplish that goal here! Issue is I've never been capped or close to it, so I haven't ever experienced it!

Cheers