Thread: Interesting Critter Disarm

Default Interesting Critter Disarm

[Roll result: 127 (open d100: 63)]

A spectral triton defender swings a lackluster blue steel harpoon at your steel spikestar and connects!

Your steel spikestar is knocked to the ground!

Roundtime: 6 sec.

A triton executioner drops his curved black handaxe and snatches up a perfect steel spikestar with thick seaweed braided about its haft!

A triton executioner puts a perfect steel spikestar with thick seaweed braided about its haft in his thick leather harness and slings a navy-banded slate grey targe over his shoulder.
    Fortunately I was able to retrieve it. But this prevented my fully bonded weapon from returning to me. The executioner later removed it from the harness to swing at me before it died, allowing us to loot it. What would've happened if we killed it with the weapon inside the harness? I'd imagine it'd stay there. Sloot probably wouldn't have picked it up...and I'm not sure if those harnesses crumble.

Maybe it's an oversight with critter containers. I believe a bonded weapon will return from a player's open container. Not sure what happens if it dies with the weapon inside.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    Maybe it's an oversight with critter containers. I believe a bonded weapon will return from a player's open container. Not sure what happens if it dies with the weapon inside.
    Well it never returned to me from the critter. I spent what time I could looking for it, then took out my backup weapon.

Wrong.

Blog Entries

It sure won't.

As to the OP, yes it would have stayed in the critter's container. No, sloot wouldn't have looked in there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It sure won't.

As to the OP, yes it would have stayed in the critter's container. No, sloot wouldn't have looked in there for it.
    That is f'n fantastic.../sarcasm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    That is f'n fantastic.../sarcasm
    This is why you must be attentive!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    This is why you must be attentive!
    Well, I am. I don't bot hunt at all, like not even a little bit. Hence I can counter this type of tactic. While ingenious, this really sucks.