Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 midterm elections

1. Default 2018 midterm elections

This is shaping up to be an exciting midterm election. Every day it seems another Republican is announcing that they're retiring or not running for re-election, the latest being Trey Gowdy. I'm sure ClydeR can correct me but I believe the last time we saw a mass party migration like this was in 94' when a bunch of Democrats left and Republicans won big time.

2. Default

Another Republican Senator has announced he's retiring this year, Thad Cochran of Mississippi.

Blog Entries

Draining the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Another Republican Senator has announced he's retiring this year, Thad Cochran of Mississippi.
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This is shaping up to be an exciting midterm election. Every day it seems another Republican is announcing that they're retiring or not running for re-election, the latest being Trey Gowdy. I'm sure ClydeR can correct me but I believe the last time we saw a mass party migration like this was in 94' when a bunch of Democrats left and Republicans won big time.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

6. Default

Big win for Dems in Philly with Conor Lamb winning. Trump won that district by 20 points in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Big win for Dems in Philly with Conor Lamb winning. Trump won that district by 20 points in 2016.
    Not really.

He ran on tax cuts, 2nd amendment, pro-life and anti-Nancy Pelosi.

Sounds like a Republican won.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    He ran on tax cuts, 2nd amendment, pro-life and anti-Nancy Pelosi.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Lamb ran "ran on tax cuts." If anything, he ran against tax cuts. He opposed the 2017 tax bill, which he said would mostly benefit the wealthy. He certainly did not run on abortion. He tried to avoid that issue when possible, but it wasn't always possible, and he was forced on a few occasions to say that while he personally opposes abortion, he believes the law should stay as it is now. He definitely ran on the Second Amendment, as you said. He opposed Nancy Pelosi, as you said.

Trump on March 12, the day before the special election..

Trump on March 14, the day after the special election..

“The young man last night that ran, he said, ‘Oh, I’m like Trump. Second Amendment, everything. I love the tax cuts, everything.’ He ran on that basis,” Trump said. “He ran on a campaign that said very nice things about me. I said, ‘Is he a Republican? He sounds like a Republican to me.’”

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

9. Default

Republicans spent over $9 million on this race. This is a HUGE lose for the R's. D's will take the House this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I'm not sure it's fair to say Lamb ran "ran on tax cuts." If anything, he ran against tax cuts. He opposed the 2017 tax bill, which he said would mostly benefit the wealthy. He certainly did not run on abortion. He tried to avoid that issue when possible, but it wasn't always possible, and he was forced on a few occasions to say that while he personally opposes abortion, he believes the law should stay as it is now. He definitely ran on the Second Amendment, as you said. He opposed Nancy Pelosi, as you said.

Trump on March 12, the day before the special election..

Trump on March 14, the day after the special election..
    You can't say this enough. We are not dealing with rational people. Nothing that can't be spun for these guys. Basically we're dealing with the Mormon philosophy, "Lying for the Lord."