Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Union 2018

I never watch the state of the union speeches. Giant waste of time watching an absurdly partisan clap/no-clap fest. It's really kind of an embarrassment that they've become so uncivilized.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I never watch the state of the union speeches. Giant waste of time watching an absurdly partisan clap/no-clap fest. It's really kind of an embarrassment that they've become so uncivilized.
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    If he doesn't wrap up soon, he'll break Bill Clinton's record for longest State of the Union.

Trump came close to setting a time record.

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address clocked in at a whopping 1 hour and 20 minutes -- making it the third-longest State of the Union in history.

The award for the longest address goes to President Bill Clinton's final State of the Union in 2000, which was just 9 minutes longer than Trump's. Clinton spoke for 1 hour and 29 minutes.

More...
    The Constitution requires the President to "from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union." There is nothing in the Constitution that requires the State of the Union report to be given orally. Some presidents have delivered their report in writing. Next year, Trump should do it in tweets.

/agreed

Blog Entries

I personally watch them because it is a live event with a majority of the nation's leaders in attendance.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I personally watch them because it is a live event with a majority of the nation's leaders in attendance.
    Partisan hijinks aside it's still interesting from a historical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Stop rooting for the terrorists.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Stop rooting for the terrorists.
    Not necessarily that. You could also have people barge in yelling crap and all that.

Just like they did with the inauguration, the lamestream media is already trying to claim that fewer people watched Trump's first State of the Union than Obama's first. Sad.

If that is the biggest news out of this SOTU, then President Trump won.

Big League.