Thread: Selling EG T5: silver-lined tridacna box (enhancive set, Rogue version)

Default Selling EG T5: silver-lined tridacna box (enhancive set, Rogue version)

(INFORMATION PURPOSES)

Anyone can wear and use the choker, key, box, and gems. Only rogues will benefit from the enhancives.

silver-lined tridacna box (Rogue version)
    In the tridacna box you see...
    a water sapphire-inlaid key
    a simple velvet ribbon choker

several emerald lockpicks
    a trio of aquamarine cabochons
    several tiny blue seed pearls

A tridacna is a large, brightly colored clam. GM Thandiwe put a lot of thought and work into making these these. I'm assuming there was a box for every profession in the T5 hopper, though I've no idea if all of them went out. They come with a neckworn key to lock and unlock the box. The choker has a slot to hold any gem, including gemcutter and lapidary box gems, not just the gems it comes with. Sadly it won't take a scarab. The gems give the choker an extra set with long description, and can be swapped at will. The gems in the set are free from merchant alteration restrictions, and are permanently marked as unsellable.

Characters can wear up to three functional neckworn items, and six total. The choker is functional, but the key does not appear to be. You can wear the choker and the key at the same time, and the key has some zests and can be tucked into your shirt to hide it in your inventory.

BOX
    Holds a medium amount for several items. No item restrictions (I put my knife in it).

OPEN: Tugging the hasp from the heart-shaped lock on the rolled lip of the tridacna box, you gently lift the upper piece of the bivalve mollusk to reveal the rich, cobalt blue velvet that lines the bottom half.
    CLOSE: Gently closing the tridacna box, you hide away the rich, cobalt blue velvet that lines the bottom and fit the hasp into the heart-shaped lock.

CHOKER
    neckworn
    can be set with
    +5 Perception Ranks
    +5 Elemental Lore - Water Ranks
    enhancives restricted to Rogue
    a lot of charges

LOOK: The velvet ribbon choker has an empty setting waiting for a gem to be pushed into it.

The choker has special messaging for WEAR, REMOVE, PUSH, and PULL.

Neck worn items must keep the noun of necklace, choker, amulet, or torc.

The choker may only have a short base description change (see ALTER 2). It cannot support a long or a show description.

WEAR: You unclasp your choker and separate the two ends. Drawing it around your neck, you deftly refasten the clasp.
    REMOVE: Lifting your hands to the back of your neck, you carefully unfasten the clasp on your choker and remove it.

PUSH: You carefully push your emerald lockpicks into your velvet ribbon choker and hear it click into place.
    You tap a simple velvet ribbon choker set with several emerald lockpicks, which is in your right hand.

PULL: You carefully pry the aquamarine cabochons out of your choker and into your hand.

(normal gem) - You tap a simple velvet ribbon choker set with a blue moonstone, which is in your left hand.
    (lapidary box) - You tap a simple velvet ribbon choker set with a katana-cut blue moonstone, which is in your left hand.
    (gemcutter) - You tap a simple velvet ribbon choker set with a skull-shaped emerald, which is in your left hand.

KEY
    Fashioned of sterling silver, the key has six tines of varying sizes protruding from its spindled end and a colorful wave-crested inlay of water sapphires at the opposite end. A simple ribbon of light blue with knotted ends is woven through a tiny ring at its base.

You determine that you could wear the key around your neck.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of sterling silver.

You get a sense that the a water sapphire-inlaid key must always have a noun of key, but that the material it is strung from can be changed to anything appropriate for a necklace. It uses the verbs wear, remove, push, pull, and turn. If it is pushed, it will be tucked into your shirt. If it is pulled, it will be removed.

WEAR: You carefully slip the ribbon attached to the sapphire-inlaid key over your head and let it rest upon your neck.
    REMOVE: Tugging on the ribbon to loosen it, you lift the sapphire-inlaid key over your head and let it rest in your waiting hand.
    PUSH: You lift your sapphire-inlaid key slightly and tuck it under your black shirt.
    PULL: You tug the key out by its ribbon and let it fall upon your black shirt, where it lays flat.

TURN (1st): Gazing into the distance, you idly turn your sapphire-inlaid key and contemplate the future.
    TURN (3rd): Gazing into the distance, Mogonis idly turns his sapphire-inlaid key and seems to be lost in contemplation.

TURN (1st, tucked): Pulling your sapphire-inlaid key out from under your black shirt, you absently turn it over as you contemplate the day, and then tuck it away.
    TURN (3rd, tucked): Pulling his sapphire-inlaid key out from under his black shirt, Mogonis absently turns it over and over as he appears to be contemplating something for a moment. When the moment passes, he tucks it away.

trio of aquamarine cabochons
    Brilliantly polished and smoothly rounded, the aquamarine are the palest of blues with the faintest hint of green. Iridescent inclusions, that shimmer from the center out, provide a lustrous sparkle to aquamarine's hearts. Tiny holes bored into the top are fitted with jeweler's twine, which tidily binds the pieces together in a permanent fashion.

several emerald lockpicks
    Grass green in hue, the emerald are smooth and brilliantly sparkle with a bluish light from deep within. Cut to resemble lockpicks, the emerald are bound together using jeweler's twine, which is tidily knotted for a permanent binding.

several tiny blue seed pearls
    Connected by thin fishing line woven through holes drilled through their hearts, the tiny blue seed pearls are roughly the size of a miniature pebble. Layers of nacre create the soft iridescence of the blue seed pearls, which house multiple colors beneath their flawless, smooth surface.
    Last edited by Mogonis; 02-12-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

And here is the Loresong

As you sing to the tridacna box, your vision shimmers with glittering sunlight and you have a sense of looking at the world through crystal clear tropical waters. Sunlight disappears, and you watch as the world around you becomes more colorful as the moonlight brings to light hidden hues in the coral that surrounds you. The world shifts, and you watch as day after day, night after night, the peaceful aquatic world transitions. Slowly, the vision fades.

Your song touches upon the tridacna box, and your vision is filled with the image of a humanoid figure swimming towards you through the sea. You feel a strange sensation as you are separated from the bed of coral that is your home. Rising up through the sea, you marvel that this must be what it is like to swim and, breaking through the gently lapping waves, feel air and sunlight for the first time. The elation of discovery dims as it dawns on you that that you can't breathe, and your vision blackens.

As you sing to the tridacna box, a strange sensation spills across your limbs, and you feel as though they are being scraped with a knife. Warm liquid splashes against you, the familiar sensation welcome, and is immediately followed by the feeling of being dried off. Something tickles your back, and you feel joy and exhilaration as a half of you that you didn't realize was missing is fitted back against you. Though you have no control to open or close, you feel whole again. Slowly, the sensations fade away.

As you sing to the tridacna box, your vision shifts and swirls. You find yourself perched upon the banister of a terrace, your vision bisected by a view of a sprawling elven city surrounded by glittering cobalt blue seas and that of a terracotta tiled floor that leads into a white bungalow fitted with dozens of windows. Someone nearby is calling out a name, which draws the presence of a young elf to your side.

"Oh, Malcom," she breaths as she admires you. "It is lovely." Slowly, your vision fades.

Time slips before your eyes as you sing to the box, and you watch as night after night and day after day passes over the elven city. One night, fiery orbs burst from the hitherto peaceful harbor, destroying nearly everything in your field of vision. Chaos surrounds you, and you find yourself dropped into a dark enclosure. A long time passes, but eventually the sound of wood being torn asunder fills the air around you, and you find yourself, once again, back home in the sea.
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com

I think I have the sorcerer version of this. I think most of it is similar if I remember right, enhancives are different of course. Pretty cool items!
    Last edited by beldannon5; 02-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Am I missing the MB on this? Do you know what the enhancives are?
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Enchancives are in the post. Box has been sold.

August 20, 2006
    >just ban

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Derp I thought the additionals were enhancive. I'm sad it got sold but grats!
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

It went to a good home!

August 20, 2006
    >just ban

>ask clerk about citizen

>write book