Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closing Nilandia.com

1. Default Closing Nilandia.com

Hey guys,

I wanted to give a head's up that I will be closing down Nilandia.com in the very near future. I can't justify spending the money to keep it open, and I've decided to move my listmaking over to GSGuide, where hopefully other people will be willing to pitch in as well. I'm not done with making lists and documenting festivals, and I will be working to put all of my records on GSGuide. It will just take some time to get it all over there. Until then, I believe archive.org has most of it, if not all.

It's been a fun 10 years. I'm a little sad to see it go.

Gretchen

Thanks for your having had your website of awesomeness all these years!

And for all your festival & merchant work. I for one am very glad it is just shifting venue and not going away

I've always thought you were insane, buy I've always enjoyed using your site when I needed too. Indeed sad to see it go, but at least you arent stopping just moving
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Just out of curiosity, have you looked into moving it to the free google service? I believe you use static html pages so you would just be paying for the domain. Unless that is the major expense already.
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 03-07-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Chris

Ahh, sorry to see this site go. I have often used it to look over past merchant items list and just to browse events I didn't actually get to attend.

It was the first site I went to when I came back after a decade. It was awesome to read the GS3-GS4 conversion stuff which all happened when I was gone. Heck, I still use it to look up old items and for the town merchant lists!

Yeah, I used your site earlier today to look up an old item. I hope all the archives make it over eventually. Sad to see it go.

This is what I was talking about:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/host-...e-drive/28178/
    combined with
    http://www.labnol.org/internet/host-...-engine/18801/

So you host the "wrapper" html page or the index.html for nilandia inside of app engine. You get like 1GB of storage and 1GB of transfer per day. Which you will never hit because the "wrapper" index html just loads the static html pages from your google drive account.
    Chris

Thanks for opening and maintaining such a valued repository of knowledge. It's been great being able to check back on things I find in old lockers and mystery packs

Rolf

10. Default

I think we should post the top 10 websites for GS IV. Your work on Nilandia.com and now on gsguide qualifies easily. It's probably Krakii then Gsguide.net. Its a good move Nilandia. We'll make that list someplace else. No thread hijack