Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 36 more dead

Default 36 more dead

36 US troops died today in Iraq (so far), most due to a helicopter crash. I was all for this war at the beginning, but now I'm beginning to feel like I was duped. We've just lost way too many soldiers and I don't think Iraqis are going to vote on Sunday.
    I'm too good for a quality signature.
    Perakon - gnome mage Tichondrius
    Perakon - NE druid Magtheridion
    Perakon - UD rogue Gurubashi
    Jend - Orc hunter Dunemaul

I'm not a fan of death, but wtf? For a war, there's certainly an exceptionally low death count. I'm sure more than 36 people were murdered today. Thousands died of natural causes. More died in the blizzard, etc. People that join the military know the risks. I'll start being concerned when I see actual battles.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

3. Default

36 soldiers says nothing about the hundreds of Kurdish and Shi'ite citizens that are being killed in their own country by the Sunni rebels.
    The other thing is, Bob, is that it's not an actual War. The Evil Regime has been toppled and we've "Freed" the Iraqi people, so the war is supposed to be over and Iraqi elections will put a weak government in place so that America can say, "Okay, we got the guy who tried to kill W's daddy, now you're on your own!"
    Supposedly out troops are supposed to start pulling out this year, which is just stupid. If America, the greatest nation in the world, can't keep the people safe, then a fledgling government--no matter what its legitimacy, will have no chance. Things will just go downhill unless an incredibly charismatic leader comes out of the Iraqi people and is able to stifle or find a solution to the Sunni rebellion.

If we leave, Iraq will quickly become an Iranian client state. Unless of course we are "forced" to invade Iran. Then they actually have some chance.

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
    I'm not a fan of death, but wtf? For a war, there's certainly an exceptionally low death count. I'm sure more than 36 people were murdered today. Thousands died of natural causes. More died in the blizzard, etc. People that join the military know the risks. I'll start being concerned when I see actual battles.
    You will never see actual battles anymore. The American Military is untouchable in conventional warfare. What Bob said I agree with. 36 dead, though extremely sad is expected to happen especially around this time considering the elections are only a few days away. The U.S. is pulling out eventually, the current plan that I have seen is some 120,000 U.S. troops there for the next two years. During that time we will continue to aid the Iraqi government in training its own soldiers and helping them to defend themselves. The attacks are being carried out by people who are upset that they will not control the country anymore, or people who do not wish to see a state like Iraq be free. They are being carried out by terrorists, and an active foreign insurgency as well. Unlike the old style of warfare where everyone wore a uniform, and you knew where the enemy was we don't have that advantage going for us over there. Every man that walks down the street may be a bomber, or be ready to pull out a gun and blow your head off as soon as you walk by. The number dead is tragic, yet acceptable considering the amount of work that is being done over there as well as the amount of good that is being accomplished as well.

That's twice I agree with Bob today. :blink: I think I need to lie down.

36 more guarding the gates.

God speed and semper fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Haven't heard a 100% on this yet but one of my buddies that's still in says there is a good chance one of the fallen is a friend of ours. If it's who I think it is then I get to hand off another flag... one of the hardest things I've done to date.

I'll know soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Originally posted by Dave
    You will never see actual battles anymore. The American Military is untouchable in conventional warfare. What Bob said I agree with. 36 dead, though extremely sad is expected to happen especially around this time considering the elections are only a few days away. The U.S. is pulling out eventually, the current plan that I have seen is some 120,000 U.S. troops there for the next two years. During that time we will continue to aid the Iraqi government in training its own soldiers and helping them to defend themselves. The attacks are being carried out by people who are upset that they will not control the country anymore, or people who do not wish to see a state like Iraq be free. They are being carried out by terrorists, and an active foreign insurgency as well. Unlike the old style of warfare where everyone wore a uniform, and you knew where the enemy was we don't have that advantage going for us over there. Every man that walks down the street may be a bomber, or be ready to pull out a gun and blow your head off as soon as you walk by. The number dead is tragic, yet acceptable considering the amount of work that is being done over there as well as the amount of good that is being accomplished as well.
    How many more mindless clichees can you fit into one post? You're like a walking, talking, typing advertisment for this neo-con ideology. Add a few more "liberty" and "freedom" into your rhetoric and you too might become president.

For your sake, and the sake of his other friends, I hope your buddy is wrong, Anticor.
    Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots. List of candidates continuously updated.