Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UAC Bards?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Shielded brawler with a small shield costs me 5MM but gives me almost 100 DS, 50% block rate (mastery, tortoise), and all the defensive shield manuevers that go with it. Then there's the +15 bonus to CvA from shield focus and ensorcell. Also, my shield is adamantine so it disarms similar to 1214 but instead of partying arrows I send them back to whoever tried to shoot me.

If that's not great I'd like to know what your definition of great is.
    You might lose more MM than 5 based on the math on the wiki (just may need to check that math), but if you're trained to 3x in shield use with the shield mastery, then maybe. Also, it's sort of a moot point in this thread because not only can bards not train in all the fancy shield maneuvers, they can't train shielded brawler either. Shielded Brawler was brought up as an argument that only Rogues/Paladins/Warriors benefit from UAC because they're the only professions that can use Shielded Brawler - which is ultimately false.

The only people who benefit from Shielded Brawler are open UAC fighters that can train shield use sufficiently to master all the various mitigating skills. Which is just warriors, and maybe paladins (though 2x in shield use limits how much a paladin can mitigate the MM penalty).
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-23-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    You might lose more MM than 5 based on the math on the wiki (just may need to check that math), but if you're trained to 3x in shield use with the shield mastery, then maybe. Also, it's sort of a moot point in this thread because not only can bards not train in all the fancy shield maneuvers, they can't train shielded brawler either. Shielded Brawler was brought up as an argument that only Rogues/Paladins/Warriors benefit from UAC because they're the only professions that can use Shielded Brawler - which is ultimately false.

The only people who benefit from Shielded Brawler are open UAC fighters that can train shield use sufficiently to master all the various mitigating skills. Which is just warriors, and maybe paladins (though 2x in shield use limits how much a paladin can mitigate the MM penalty).
    I didn't want UAC folk stumbling on this and getting the wrong impression that shielded brawler is bad. It's quite amazing. Less so for large shields but exceptionally so for small/medium ones.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

My rogue sports a small shield in full plate and shielded brawler and is amazing
    Last edited by rolfard; 05-23-2018 at 04:58 PM.

The UAC article on the wiki says that 2x shield use training gives maximum reduction of the MM penalty and going over that does not provide any more benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    My rogue sports a small shield in full plate and shielded brawler and is amazing
    Same, and I'm working towards the 280 armor ranks for maximim mm reduction. I do wear hauberk occasionally but full plate is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    The UAC article on the wiki says that 2x shield use training gives maximum reduction of the MM penalty and going over that does not provide any more benefit.
    This is correct, unfortunately.

I'd like to see what UAC bard training should look like. I know shit about UAC. Wasn't around when it got released and haven't tried it.

Blog Entries

Just replace your weapon training with brawling, and bam, you're a UAC bard.

Roll up a F2P monk and try it out. It's kind of fun, at least at lower levels. You're able to buzzsaw through enemies pretty quickly.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Rough outline off of the top of my head

Always at least: 2x brawling, 1x physical fitness, 1x perception, 1x harness power, 1x spell research

As TPs allow: 1x -> 60 ranks armor use, 0.5x-> 1x combat maneuvers, 1 rank ->0.5x twc, 0 -> 1x dodging, 1x -> 24 ranks Mental Mana Control, 0 -> 1x mental lore, telepathy, more spell research.

Later in life: 75 ranks Air Lore.