Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Government Shutdown

Default 2018 Government Shutdown

Thought this could use it's own thread. Here is an interesting take on the events leading up to Schumer's folly.

Basically a synopsis:

3 offers to Schumer, all declined.

1. Pass amnesty, let's work on ending chain migration and build the wall.
    2. Fund the government, extend CHIP and come back to DREAM and immigration later.
    3. Let's do a temp change of the rules to allow the Republicans to pass a funding bill on their own and take full responsibility so Schumer is clear politically to pander to his irrational base and say he didn't concede.

So, basically, Schumer's folly happened, we have a shut down and if it goes on very long at all, I imagine that Conservatives will hammer the hell out of the midterms with this. Of course the sycophantic useful idiots in the media are all about how it's Republican's fault because they won't negotiate.

Democrats need DREAM voters, who are mostly 20's and 30's people who have lived here a long time and of course vote Democrat because they are the ones rolling out the red carpet. I really hope to see a further wipeout of the Dems in the midterms.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/ep...nment-shutdown
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Democrats need DREAM voters, who are mostly 20's and 30's people who have lived here a long time and of course vote Democrat because they are the ones rolling out the red carpet. I really hope to see a further wipeout of the Dems in the midterms.
    Good luck with that, Dreamers can't vote. The DREAM Act is a path to permanent residency, not citizenship.

Blog Entries

I thought the Mexicans were paying for the wall.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Good luck with that, Dreamers can't vote. The DREAM Act is a path to permanent residency, not citizenship.
    The Dems want a path to full citizenship. How long after we pass some permanent resident crap will it be before Dems are out there yelling about second class citizens and getting full citizenship and so on? I guess about 32 seconds at most though most will want to include that in some crappy bill.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

5. Default

This is Trump's fault and he's already taken responsibility for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    This is Trump's fault and he's already taken responsibility for it.
    The White House voice mail would suggest otherwise. Trump has said he won't cave to Democrat "compromises" so if you see that as taking blame, then whatever. Remember, 3 offers, 3 refusals, nothing other than "give us all we want or no deal" from Schumer.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Blog Entries

I believe he is talking about a Trump quote when Obama had a Government shutdown.

Blog Entries

Also, Go Jags!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I believe he is talking about a Trump quote when Obama had a Government shutdown.
    “Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the President’s the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength. And that’s why you have this horrible situation going on in Washington. It’s a very, very bad thing and it’s very embarrassing worldwide.”
    Last edited by Taernath; 01-21-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    The White House voice mail would suggest otherwise. Trump has said he won't cave to Democrat "compromises" so if you see that as taking blame, then whatever. Remember, 3 offers, 3 refusals, nothing other than "give us all we want or no deal" from Schumer.

Cry about Schumer all you want but Trump is the President and this is his fault.