Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Trump Say It or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Here's the thing Back. If I'm putting together a winning team and I put a person in a position that's a giant fucking asshole but they are really good at what I hire them for... I don't care if their an asshole. To be honest these places are shit holes.
    I don't buy it. America romanticizes the notion that the "assholes" win. Perhaps it is Hollywood's fault. Maybe it's John Wayne's fault. But it's still fantasy. The "asshole" never wins and is ultimately just an "asshole" nobody likes.

Would it make me an asshole, and thus someone you admire, to call the town where you are from a "shithole" or would that just make me an asshole because the town you're from may not be Beverly Hills but it is actually pretty great?
    Last edited by Back; 01-12-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I don't buy it. America romanticizes the notion that the "assholes" win. Perhaps it is Hollywood's fault. Maybe it's John Wayne's fault. But it's still fantasy. The "asshole" never wins and is ultimately just an "asshole" nobody likes.

Would it make me an asshole, and thus someone you admire, to call the town where you are from a "shithole" or would that just make me an asshole because the town you're from may not be Beverly Hills but it is actually pretty great?
    I don't care if my QB is an asshole if he keeps completing passes and winning games. I don't even care if I hate the person if they keep winning.

P.S. Have you never thought the same about these "countries"?
    Last edited by Neveragain; 01-12-2018 at 09:00 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    He wants white people.
    He wants white people soooo! badly that the black unemployment rate just set an all time low record.....damn racists!

Last edited by Neveragain; 01-12-2018 at 09:29 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    Should read up on how Haiti became impoverished. Involves the US government stealing all their gold with military force on behalf of private banks to pay off debt that they had to those banks back in 1914. Haiti ran up the debt because France demanded payment to compensate French landowners who lost their land in the Haitian revolution, otherwise France and most other Western nations (including the US) refused to trade with them.

Haiti should've been a very wealthy country. Had tons of natural resources.
    It still has tons of natural resources. It's a corrupt dumpster fire and has been for decades. Next door, on the SAME ISLAND is the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is much better educated, richer, has less crime and is a vacation hot spot. Meanwhile, Haiti is still a corrupt, broke, ignorrant, shithole. The people of the Dominican Republic have worked all along to build education, national pride, fight corruption and build the rule of law. The very same things that have made the rest of the developed world rise above shitholes like Haiti. Blaming Haiti's lack of buildup on others is simple minded. OH and the Clintons stole or squandered billions in hurricane relief aid and somehow have avoided much scrutiny over it.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Of course he said it and meant it. Everyone who agrees with, covers for, or defends him is an asshole like he is.

It's not against the law to be an asshole. But it's still not socially acceptable or considered a positive trait in a person.
    Yet you are still around. . .
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

6. Default

Neo-Nazis and other white supremacists are celebrating President Trump's reported comments referring to Haiti, El Salvador and several African nations as "shithole countries," according to statements collected by The New York Times on Friday

White supremacist Richard Spencer, an organizer of the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Va., last year, lambasted conservatives defending the president on Fox News for pretending the remark was not racial in nature.

“It’s obviously all about race, and to their credit, liberals point out the obvious,” he told The Times.

The Daily Stormer, the largest neo-Nazi website online, welcomed Trump's reported remark, saying it was evidence he was "more or less on the same page with us."

“This is encouraging and refreshing, as it indicates Trump is more or less on the same page as us with regards to race and immigration,” the site said.

Blog Entries

Neo-Nazis and other white supremacists are celebrating President Trump's reported comments referring to Haiti, El Salvador and several African nations as "shithole countries," according to statements collected by The New York Times on Friday

White supremacist Richard Spencer, an organizer of the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Va., last year, lambasted conservatives defending the president on Fox News for pretending the remark was not racial in nature.

“It’s obviously all about race, and to their credit, liberals point out the obvious,” he told The Times.

The Daily Stormer, the largest neo-Nazi website online, welcomed Trump's reported remark, saying it was evidence he was "more or less on the same page with us."

“This is encouraging and refreshing, as it indicates Trump is more or less on the same page as us with regards to race and immigration,” the site said.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Good job on missing the point entirely.
    Ok. So it IS a shit hole.. but we can't say it.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    I think it matters to:

a) those countries
    b) immigrants from those countries (300,000 Haitian immigrants who are now American citizens in FL, for example - stat I saw on Twitter, so would not be surprised if number is incorrect)
    c) everyone interested in immigration policy, because they now know the President's supposed policy preference about wanting "merit-based" immigration is a fiction. He wants people "from Norway".

I agree what he specifically said doesn't matter in terms of the exact word. The import of his statements is what matters.
    If those Haiti wasn't such a shithole, would those 300,000 Haitian immigrants have stayed in Haiti?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

But Trump won. Which means you must not think he's an asshole. Backlash is a closet die hard Trump supporter.

If the town where I'm from actually is a shithole, what room would I have to complain about you calling it a shithole? Get your fragile little feelings in check.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible