Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for things that made you Facepalm today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    My passive aggressive nature would take over and one of both of us would die of old age before I moved my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    My passive aggressive nature would take over and one of both of us would die of old age before I moved my car.
    One day while riding my bike with my dog, we were coming up to a 4 way crossing. For this crossing, only 2 of the streets had a stop sign, in the direction that I was going. I saw a car coming along the primary street (with no stop sign), so I slowed down a good distance from the curb (2 houses or so I believe) to show that I wasn't trying to cross in front of the car (when I have my dog with me and tied to my arm I can never be 100% sure what she's going to do/will do what I'm trying to do, so we just wait on basically all cars that are remotely close). Ok.

The car slows down approaching the intersection and I'm thinking it's one of these people that really wants to play the polite game, but as stated, I don't go for that when Ginger is with me, so I just take my feet all the way off the pedals, lean the bike over to one side and turn the front wheel. Sitting there for a second, the car comes to a stop just before going out into the intersection, basically blocking the end of the sidewalk that we're on. I sit there for a few seconds as I'm noticing the passenger window down (closest to me) and then a girl driving who is looking at me kinda funny. I yell to her to go ahead, we don't go in front of cars. She is looking around and mostly straight ahead at this point, and I reiterate that we are not going to move until she goes. She doesn't really respond, and continues to just sit there, blocking the sidewalk completely stopped.

At this point I've firmly decided upon your course of action, and I pull out my phone and start checking my emails and a couple websites. She's still not moving, or really saying anything, and I'm thinking what the fuck is going on? I could go to the other side of the street and try to cross there, but all the lady has to do is pull forward in her car and I'm seriously not discounting anything at this point since she said nothing to me letting her know we weren't gonna go in front. After maybe another minute or two of this, I'm feeling really stubborn and finally another lady that lived a couple houses down from the intersection comes walking towards the intersection and asking me what's going on. I said I have no idea, I wasn't gonna cross in front of this lady and she's not moving and I have no idea what's going on.

The new lady walks up to the car and I guess says something to the driver, gets her attention, and she ends up slowly turning left at the intersection and driving off. The lady said that the driver was/sounded really drunk, and we talked about that for a sec and agreed it was a bit disturbing and then she went back towards her house and Ginger and I continued our ride. At the end of the ride, we were making our way towards the house and feeling curious I took a route that went by the end of the street the lady had turned on. I saw a cop car, lights going, with a similar looking vehicle pulled over so I suppose she was dealt with.

There wasn't really any point to this, but your comment reminded me of it and I felt like sharing a practical application of the mindset.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I have a feeling they were originally trying to think of things starting with the letters of SMART, but then just said fuck it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I have a feeling they were originally trying to think of things starting with the letters of SMART, but then just said fuck it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    One day while riding my bike with my dog, we were coming up to a 4 way crossing. For this crossing, only 2 of the streets had a stop sign, in the direction that I was going. I saw a car coming along the primary street (with no stop sign), so I slowed down a good distance from the curb (2 houses or so I believe) to show that I wasn't trying to cross in front of the car (when I have my dog with me and tied to my arm I can never be 100% sure what she's going to do/will do what I'm trying to do, so we just wait on basically all cars that are remotely close). Ok.

The car slows down approaching the intersection and I'm thinking it's one of these people that really wants to play the polite game, but as stated, I don't go for that when Ginger is with me, so I just take my feet all the way off the pedals, lean the bike over to one side and turn the front wheel. Sitting there for a second, the car comes to a stop just before going out into the intersection, basically blocking the end of the sidewalk that we're on. I sit there for a few seconds as I'm noticing the passenger window down (closest to me) and then a girl driving who is looking at me kinda funny. I yell to her to go ahead, we don't go in front of cars. She is looking around and mostly straight ahead at this point, and I reiterate that we are not going to move until she goes. She doesn't really respond, and continues to just sit there, blocking the sidewalk completely stopped.

At this point I've firmly decided upon your course of action, and I pull out my phone and start checking my emails and a couple websites. She's still not moving, or really saying anything, and I'm thinking what the fuck is going on? I could go to the other side of the street and try to cross there, but all the lady has to do is pull forward in her car and I'm seriously not discounting anything at this point since she said nothing to me letting her know we weren't gonna go in front. After maybe another minute or two of this, I'm feeling really stubborn and finally another lady that lived a couple houses down from the intersection comes walking towards the intersection and asking me what's going on. I said I have no idea, I wasn't gonna cross in front of this lady and she's not moving and I have no idea what's going on.

The new lady walks up to the car and I guess says something to the driver, gets her attention, and she ends up slowly turning left at the intersection and driving off. The lady said that the driver was/sounded really drunk, and we talked about that for a sec and agreed it was a bit disturbing and then she went back towards her house and Ginger and I continued our ride. At the end of the ride, we were making our way towards the house and feeling curious I took a route that went by the end of the street the lady had turned on. I saw a cop car, lights going, with a similar looking vehicle pulled over so I suppose she was dealt with.

There wasn't really any point to this, but your comment reminded me of it and I felt like sharing a practical application of the mindset.
    lol Taernath

The people in cars who try to out-polite me at a four way stop sign just make me even more determined to make them go first.

lol
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

Blog Entries

This is fake. cwolff would never try to change his own oil.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    This tune was surprisingly catchy. Everyone should listen to it immediately.