Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting area from 96 to cap

Default Hunting area from 96 to cap

So I'm sort of getting bored with OTF. At 96, some of the exp is lackluster unless I'm getting griffin or champion bounties. I'm looking for a change of pace. I'm a sword and board paladin with a pure empath hunting partner. Not sure I want to go back to the Rift (but could be an option) and am contemplating Sea of Fire or Nelemar as something new.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Could always try Warcamping as well if one of you is GoS, just as a change of pace if not as a replacement for your staple hunting ground.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-11-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Quit. Save money. Buy gym pass. Get buff. Fuck some bimbos. Winz.

Also, Whatley crying. Double winz.
    Maybe. My IRL sex life includes getting lucky 4-5 times a week with my wife, while we pick and choose cyber partners in game to fill the other days for no-strings threesomes or casual sex.

Sadly, that doesn't answer my concerns for where to hunt next to speed up this capping business.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Could always try Warcamping as well if one of you is GoS, just as a change of pace if not as a replacement for your staple hunting ground.
    Thanks Fallen. Yeah we've been tossing in GoS warcamping and war parties too. This has been the speediest route assuming we get lucky with the GoS task + a decent OTF bounty. Maybe we'll just stick it out.

Hit the south side of the scatter for some occasionally white knuckle entertainment.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Maybe. My IRL sex life includes getting lucky 4-5 times a week with my wife, while we pick and choose cyber partners in game to fill the other days for no-strings threesomes or casual sex.
    Logs or it didn’t happen.

Also Nelemar 3rd floor is like a less annoying OTF with better exp.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Thanks Fallen. Yeah we've been tossing in GoS warcamping and war parties too. This has been the speediest route assuming we get lucky with the GoS task + a decent OTF bounty. Maybe we'll just stick it out.
    In a few more levels you'll be able to join up with Hand of the Arkati. Do you do Reim now? Might be a nice change of pace.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I'll add a +1 to Nelemar. I recently started my wizard on the third floor at level 89(he's 91 now). It hasn't been the smoothest leveling with getting feared/charged/disarmed but I imagine it will be easier for a paladin/empath combo at 96. The swim in can be a real bitch though. 60+ ranks in swimming highly recommend. Although if your voln, you can seek in and return/130 out. But heads up the area that seek drops you in can be dangerous even at 96, since you can be dropped into a room with the level 100+ undead.

Regarding Scatter: I'm getting Celebrite bounties in Icemule. We weren't sure whether or not empaths could hit them because they're globules right?
    Regarding Reim: We do Reim on occasion. We're GoS though, so warcamps are more to our liking.
    Nelemar: We were thinking this too. We find OTF to really be a faceroll right now. At 96 we mow down swarms minus the occasional insta-crit if it happens. If Nelemar is meant to be a less annoying OTF than maybe this will be our next stop. I'm 14k from 97, so maybe we'll make the trip there afterwards.

Empaths can hit them, they have limbs, and other parts that can be hit by aiming, so I assume you'd do just fine. The Scatter would be a challenge for you compared to plane 4, but on the plus side there are no voids and you can't get rifted. You can get Scatter bounties by tweaking your level range at the guild.

On the other hand, if you aren't interested in a challenging hunt, just go to Nelemar and beat on things till you're tired, with pretty minimal risk. I haven't done Reim enough to have a well formed opinion.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.