Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GS related notes from Stillfront Q2-Q3

Default GS related notes from Stillfront Q2-Q3

Total Stillfront Q2 (Apr-Jun 17) Revenue: 37.3m SEK (or $4,555,091). (rate conversions reflect today's rates)

Total Revenue attributable to Simu All games Q2: 5.3m SEK (or $647,374)

(No game specific breakdown for Q2)

http://www.stillfront.com/site/wp-co...n_moNT5959.pdf

Total Stillfront Q3 (Jul-Sep 17) Revenue: 45.4m SEK (or $5,544,097).

Total Revenue attributable to GS4 Q3: 7% or $388,087

Total Revenue attributable to DragonRealms Q3: 3% or $166,323

http://www.stillfront.com/site/wp-co...esentation.pdf

Notes/Takeaways:
    GS4 was more than 2x revenues than DRealms in Q3, likely similar in Q2
    Duskruin ran in Q2 and Q3 (Apr and Aug)
    GS4 appears to be the main revenue driver for Simu at least across these 2 quarters
    Simu and GS4 specifically, represent a significant chunk of Stillfront revenues

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Total Stillfront Q2 (Apr-Jun 17) Revenue: 37.3m SEK (or $4,555,091). (rate conversions reflect today's rates)

Total Revenue attributable to Simu All games Q2: 5.3m SEK (or $647,374)

(No game specific breakdown for Q2)

http://www.stillfront.com/site/wp-co...n_moNT5959.pdf

Total Stillfront Q3 (Jul-Sep 17) Revenue: 45.4m SEK (or $5,544,097).

Total Revenue attributable to GS4 Q3: 7% or $388,087

Total Revenue attributable to DragonRealms Q3: 3% or $166,323

http://www.stillfront.com/site/wp-co...esentation.pdf

Notes/Takeaways:
    GS4 was more than 2x revenues than DRealms in Q3, likely similar in Q2
    Duskruin ran in Q2 and Q3 (Apr and Aug)
    GS4 appears to be the main revenue driver for Simu at least across these 2 quarters
    Simu and GS4 specifically, represent a significant chunk of Stillfront revenues
    Reading PDF but yes, Gemstone 3 is surprisingly 10% of stillfront's revenue. That's not bad for a group that owns 9+ other companies.

Pretty solid strategy, buy up companies with existing solid revenue. Established but not breakout games and companies.
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 01-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.

You missed that Simu's overall contribution to Stillfront's revenue is 21% overall. Which means Simu's mobile game SIEGE accounted for 11% and GS4/DR accounted for 10%. They had an entire page for SIEGE, Simu's mobile game that was launched in 2017. Quote from the report: Siege grossed 1.2m USD and were booked in our Q3 at 4.7 mSEK, which qualifies it as Stillfront’s largest grossing game and a core product".

My takeaway is they of course bought Simu for it's mobile games capabilities, but GS4/DR are also a huge revenue for them as well. I don't see them ending GS4/DR anytime soon. And that again, like BLZrizz said, was for Q3 which had Duskruin. Will be interesting to see the Q4 report with EG & Spire $$ added in and to see how well SIEGE is holding out for them.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

Quote Originally Posted by horibu View Post
    You missed that Simu's overall contribution to Stillfront's revenue is 21% overall. Which means Simu's mobile game SIEGE accounted for 11% and GS4/DR accounted for 10%. They had an entire page for SIEGE, Simu's mobile game that was launched in 2017. Quote from the report: Siege grossed 1.2m USD and were booked in our Q3 at 4.7 mSEK, which qualifies it as Stillfront’s largest grossing game and a core product".

My takeaway is they of course bought Simu for it's mobile games capabilities, but GS4/DR are also a huge revenue for them as well. I don't see them ending GS4/DR anytime soon. And that again, like BLZrizz said, was for Q3 which had Duskruin. Will be interesting to see the Q4 report with EG & Spire $$ added in and to see how well SIEGE is holding out for them.
    Except, you are very wrong. They count Siege as launched as part of the StillFront Group and count the revenue differently (its counted under "mobile apps"). It's explicitly broken down in the document if you had actually read it. Legacy apps from simutronics make up ~17% of total still front revenue, taking the specific numbers above we come up with Gemstone making up the lions share of that at around ~10%.

EDIT: It eplicitly says Gemstone 4 makes up exactly 7% of all revenue on page 8/23, Siege, a brand new highly monetized phone game, brought in 11%.

Holy shit, they have a EBITDA of 69%, sex number + basically just pure profit to run Gemstone/DR. Less than 30% of the take goes back into paying staff and running the game.
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 01-10-2018 at 04:55 PM.

I'm trying to understand your argument Ordim, but I guess I just can't understand the numbers you are reading from. Per the link to the Q3 report they have a graphic on pg.6 showing Simutronics having a total of 21% of all Q3 revenue. With small images of GS4, DR & SIEGE tied/linked to Simutronics on that page. They then break up individual game titles on pg.8 showing that SIEGE has 11%, GS4 has 7%, and DR has 3%. So not sure where I was reading that wrong. Seems pretty clear per their charts that what I said was true. That siege makes up 11% and GS4&DR made up 10%.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.

Player of Tysong

Fucker i can't read, who the fuck listens to anything i say?

Can't read... how the hell were you playing GS4!

Proof he was botting/scripting right there, as he can't read! Lynch him!
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info

Player of Tysong

Double check my math, based on the 69% EBITDA -
    388087 income, 31% = 120306

50 staff members putting in 40 hours each month for three months = 6000 man hours

if 100% of that 120306 went back into salaries/staff payments, that means that the average hourly pay rate is $20 per hour assuming a 40 hour per month pay period. Since some of that is true salaried staff (small percentage) and some of it goes towards taxes and server upkeep etc, that number can only really go down. $20 an hour for 40 hours a month wouldnt be bad as a side gig.

I read through the report a bit more and found the %'s for Q2. So made a quick spreadsheet with the data. I will say the 69% EBITDA is likely skewed due to SIEGE being released. It's likely closer to the Q2 for their MUD titles.

Websites
    Lich Wiki Info

Player of Tysong

Depends on their programming practices. Most people will have a much larger staff of programmers while developing and then shed a large percentage of them after the release of the product. It will be more telling moving forward.