Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading...worth it?

Default Trading...worth it?

Just wondering - I generally tend to train trading on all my characters at 1x. But is it actually worth it or should I just be spending my points elsewhere? And if it does make enough of a difference to train in it - is there a certain threshold (ie, should it be trained 1x for life to just to say 50 ranks etc.).

You want to train in Trading in increments. It truncates, so it only benefits you when the equation comes out to an even integer. I think it's worth it. Maybe not in the short term, but I've had Trading for 10+ years, so the extra coins have certainly added up.

https://gswiki.play.net/Trading
    Last edited by Mogonis; 01-09-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Interesting, thank you. I will leave it as is I guess then and train in bursts on my lower level characters. Clearly I should have thought twice about tanking my INF, ah well.

I dunno. I'm a warrior and I tanked INF. Warcries are great, but they kill your voice so fast. I'd rather have 100s in all the other stats.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    I dunno. I'm a warrior and I tanked INF. Warcries are great, but they kill your voice so fast. I'd rather have 100s in all the other stats.
    This is correct.

Don't have 0.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Oh good, then I didn't make a horrible decision doing that. All my others are at least 0 for INF, but my warrior I totally tanked because I didn't have any intention of doing warcries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Don't have 0.
    Other than my warrior I think the rest all have some single digit bonus now.

NB2: You MUST have 1+SkillBoost ranks of trading to make it count. For example, a player with 35 INF but no trading would have 35/12 = 2.91 = 2 SkillBoost, but in order to enjoy a SkillBoost of 2 you would need 3 (2+1) ranks of trading to make it count, or you get nothing. So, you train up to 3 ranks, which gives you a total SkillBoost of (35+15)/12 = 4.166... and yet you still get just 2% SkillBoost, because 3 ranks will not ever grant more than 2%. In practice, this minimum requirement is only important for the first 5 or 6 ranks, after that you will always meet this requirement.

-https://gswiki.play.net/Trading
    Last edited by Ososis; 01-09-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    NB2: You MUST have 1+SkillBoost ranks of trading to make it count. For example, a player with 35 INF but no trading would have 35/12 = 2.91 = 2 SkillBoost, but in order to enjoy a SkillBoost of 2 you would need 3 (2+1) ranks of trading to make it count, or you get nothing. So, you train up to 3 ranks, which gives you a total SkillBoost of (35+15)/12 = 4.166... and yet you still get just 2% SkillBoost, because 3 ranks will not ever grant more than 2%. In practice, this minimum requirement is only important for the first 5 or 6 ranks, after that you will always meet this requirement.

-https://gswiki.play.net/Trading
    Oh, I see what you mean - yes. Sorry I was thinking the INF bonus not the ranks of trading.