Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread of Doom.

Default Recipe Thread of Doom.

This was a good idea, and those cookies looked freaking good.

So, post your favorite recipes here. I'm not really a (great, fancy) cook, but I make an awesome meatloaf. So I guess i'll share that one with you guys. It's pretty easy to make, real simple.

2lbs. ground beef, lean & defrosted
    1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
    1/4 cup ketchup
    3/4-1 cup shredded romano cheese
    *2 cans whole white potatoes - optional, but I like to cook these with my meatloaf often

Preheat to 375, and mix everything except the potatoes in a big bowl. Put in a dish/pan and shape so it's even on top. Cook uncovered for 45-70 minutes, checking periodically (cut the center, brown = done).

If you want to cook with the potatoes, fill the pan around the raw meat mixture with about 1/4 inch of water & arrange the potatoes there. I like to sprinkle them with a little salt, pepper, & garlic powder, but you can sprinkle with whatever.

It's nom nom nom nomalicious
    Last edited by diethx; 07-17-2008 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna take all the credit if this thread is successful. If it falls flat I deny any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Haha. It was your idea, you can own that. But you were too lazy to make it!??!?!?!
    You just got Kong'd.

Blog Entries

See my title.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Noted.
    You just got Kong'd.

I guess I'll post some recipes here.. I try to keep certain recipes under wraps though, though I guess for most it's more about technique than the actual ingredients.

Green Tea Cookies

125 g. of butter (unsalted)
    1 1/2 c. sugar

Cream together until extremely pale and fluffy.

Add in two eggs, one at time, beating each egg fully into the creamed sugar and butter. Then add and mix in:

2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
    1 tbs. baking powder
    1 tbs. matcha (green tea)
    1/2 can of canellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and then mashed up
    1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract (if I have it on hand I'll add a couple teaspoons of lemon zest too)
    Roughly two handfuls of finely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, pine nuts, or almonds) (this is optional)

Add flour as needed to get the dough to the right texture-- it shouldn't be goopy or un-rollable.

Roll into small tablespoon-sized balls and space evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press down the tops slightly and bake at 375*F for about 12-15 minutes (bottoms and bottom edge should be a light golden brown).
    Last edited by Mighty Nikkisaurus; 07-17-2008 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Damn favorite recipes? I've got way too many. And I mean way way too many.

But heres my meatloaf one.
    Measurements not exact because I don't measure meatloaf.

About 2lbs ground meat
    1c bread crumbs
    1egg
    about half a medium onion finely chopped
    1T each salt, dried parsley probably a bit more than that on parsley maybe 1 1/2 to 2 T
    1t each pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder
    Mix, shape into a loaf and put it on indirect heat on a grill till done. I cheat and use a thermometer. about 160 if store ground. about 150-155 if I grind it.
    Glaze with bbq sauce a little before done. Cover with foil and wait about 15 minutes before slicing.
    When I get around to it I'll post my cheese cake and cream puff recipes.

Blog Entries

I love easy stuff mostly because my family is just as appreciative as if I had slaved for hours over a stove.

Tuna Melts:

Split and toast English muffins. Combine drained canned or predrained pouch of tuna with a bit of ranch salad dressing, sour cream, and chopped celery and put on muffins. Top with tomato slices and sliced cheese (muenster or Havarti works but just about any kind will work). Broil until cheese melts.

Not really a recipe I guess but oh so good.
    I like penis.

Those cookies sound.... Interesting? I might have to try them.
    And that tuna melt is a recipe. Sounds good. But I'd add a little diced dill pickle to it. Close to mine but I haven't tried the celery or ranch. I just usually use mayo. I do have to try the ranch sounds good.

I used to use celery in my tuna salad, but ever since I moved to the south and found sweet relish*, that's all i'll use. It's so tasty.

Edit: And oh yeah, those melts sound really good. I'm not a fan of sour cream though, does that taste really shine through?

*Edit #2: Oops, I meant sweet salad cubes, not sweet relish. They're basically the same thing except the cubes are chunkier and better for putting in, what do you know, SALADS!
    Last edited by diethx; 07-17-2008 at 05:14 AM.
    You just got Kong'd.