Thread: Skill Check - can I lrn2skin

1. Default Skill Check - can I lrn2skin

I really want to be able to skin griffins in OTF - can I get some feedback on my training? I'm horrible at knowing where to stop with lores and spells circles. Is there somewhere I can cut back to lean FA / Survival?

Armor Use..........................| 40 8 8
    Physical Fitness...................| 195 95 95
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 290 190 190
    Magic Item Use.....................| 290 190 190
    Spell Aiming.......................| 290 190 190
    Harness Power......................| 290 190 190
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 201 101 101
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 134 37 37
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 111 27 27
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 167 67 67
    Perception.........................| 195 95 95
    Climbing...........................| 185 85 85
    Swimming...........................| 150 50 50

Spell Lists
    Major Elemental....................| 50 50

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 75 75

Spell Lists
    Wizard.............................| 71 71

2x HP can be overkill. You have a lot of climbing (50/50) will get you most anywhere. MIU and AS don't need to be 2x so you can always cut that back. Not sure what your lore goals are by just looking but you can drop back to 1x if you need points and get 2x post cap. DS/Bolt AS MjE at level, MnE 75 is fine, Wiz is mostly for 912/917 and enchanting so your call pre cap. Just my random thoughts.

So, as a warmage, I went to 66 air lore for blurs breakpoint and then decided to go to 40 earth lore for second stop time use. I don’t bolt so I don’t train in fire lore at all currently. You may want to look at breakpoints for the bolting benefits for fire and cut that back. Earth would be fine at 25 if you want the defensive benefits that come with 25 ranks.

I have 50/50 climbing and swimming and that gets me everywhere just fine including Nelemar and the Confluence (I don’t go to Nations so I can’t attest to that).

As far as spell ranks go, I’m just under cap and I am 65 MajE, 75 MnE, 50 Wiz. That’s enough for now. Training additional wiz, as mentioned before is for 912/917/925 so depending on your play style, you may not need that many wizard ranks.

I don’t run out of mana at 1x HP, so 2x is a bunch of points for little benefit imo. Again, I don’t bolt, but I use disablers i.e. 410/909/912/917 nearly everything engagement and run GoS sigils/402/506 for the entire hunt. I guess if you wanted to run 919 a lot, then 2x may be necessary?

If you are interested in skinning, I would train survival over first aid to start. I just feel like there are more useful side benefits to survival as there are with FA, that is, unless you munch herbs on the regular.

Singling in AS/MIU is sufficient, unless again, you’re focus is on squeezing out everything you can into enchanting, in which case, you probably want water lore. Single training is ample to activate any item and get good use from a single cast.
    μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Can't make much off skinning anyway, why bother?
    Even moreso when you can't aim your attacks to only hit areas that won't ruin the skin's value.

I have 202 first aid and 101 survival and skins are always a dice roll with me because I have no control over what area I'm going to be hitting. Just something to keep in mind.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

All fair points - basically is just rankles me that I am going to be hunting these griffins basically forever and have no opportunity to skin them. I had assumed I was over trained in a number of things as I have no idea where the best lore "breaks" or spell circle "breaks" are. I definitely need the HP, hunting in OTF I keep 919 up all the time and I am in Voln - so yeah, mana is an issue (I also bolt everything).

If you bolt all the time, then major elemental spells should be equal to level. If you dropped hp to 1x and wizard spells to 50 and put those points into MjE the your bolt AS will be way higher, your CS for mana leech much better. You won't need the extra mana and will kill things faster.
    Last edited by Tenser; 01-12-2018 at 01:14 PM.