Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x spikestar with disintegration flares against Grimswarm. Named weapon: Grimsbane

1. Default 4x spikestar with disintegration flares against Grimswarm. Named weapon: Grimsbane

Auctioning off a razor-thin spikestar with sharp hook-shaped points. It's a 4x blessable spikestar with disintegration flares against Grimswarm. A nice project weapon. Minimum is 1mil. Current bid of 4mil to Orthin. SOLD!

Look:
    You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.
    There appears to be something written on it.

Read:
    In the Common language, it reads:
    GRIMSBANE

It has a bonus of +20 from a normal spikestar, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in blunt weapons to use effectively. This razor-thin spikestar seems to be the bane of Grimswarm raiders.

The spikestar resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
    It provides a bonus to Shield Use Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 11 times.

This razor-thin spikestar flares with a disintegrating substance when employed against Grimswarm raiders.
    The spikestar resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
    It provides a bonus of 4 to Shield Use Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 11 times.
    The spikestar looks to have more than your average dwarf could count charges remaining.

You sense that the razor-thin spikestar will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 01-10-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Updated with a bid.
    I can be reached on the following
    Discord: grimreaper.1313
    [Formerly Grim Reaper#1313 until the great Discord name change of June 2023.]

Mb

3. Default

can that be enchanted?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pinkie pie View Post
    can that be enchanted?
    You gesture at a razor-thin spikestar with sharp hook-shaped points.
    A muted glow instantly surrounds the razor-thin spikestar, flickering slightly, and fades a moment later.

Assuming a razor-thin spikestar with sharp hook-shaped points can be tempered somehow...Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting a razor-thin spikestar with sharp hook-shaped points.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I believe the potion you would need to enchant enhancive items is Ayveneh.

Does anyone else think the alteration makes it sound like the spikestar is two dimensional?
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Does anyone else think the alteration makes it sound like the spikestar is two dimensional?
    Yeah, almost like it's a flat disk with spikes instead of a ball with spikes. Kind of different and cool.

Blog Entries

I'll go 2m

Blog Entries

Side note would a paladin bonding to this have two flares versus grinswarm? Doesn't change my bid but totes changes what character I may want this for

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Side note would a paladin bonding to this have two flares versus grinswarm? Doesn't change my bid but totes changes what character I may want this for
    The charts of clarity on the wiki mentions you can have as many of these properties on a weapon as you want: Weighting, Sighting, Enhancives, Creature Bane, Ensorcellment, Weapon Bonding.

https://gswiki.play.net/Item_properties

In addition the Bane weapon write up on the wiki mentions: bane occupies its own property slot.

https://gswiki.play.net/Bane_weapon

However with that said if someone whom has paladin bonded to a bane weapon wants to add in please feel free. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkie pie View Post
    can that be enchanted?
    No it cannot be enchanted by a wizard. The wizard test cast says assuming it can be tempered somehow.. A wizard cannot temper it because of the bane.
    adred0111 (discord)