Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: The Future of Duskruin

This is just more flat out lies. It has never run 4 full events in one year. You can even check the wiki to confirm. The most DR events in one year was 4, but it was 2 full and 2 dig (no arena no sewers) in 2016. Duskruin dig was easily the most condensed down version of simucoin gambling mechanics as possible -> buy shovel get items repeat. The stores were open but BS generation was light because it was literally a reskin of EG digging but putting reduced effective simucoin items in it. It wasn't the worst event, but it certainly didnt require any real thought to it either. People get mad because they gate everything behind paywalls and then start charging more or providing less while still asking for the same amount of money. The flip flopping between saying "we dont care about balance as long as we make money" and "well, we have to dial it back because balance" is pure bullshit too. It's the double standard that they keep getting away with, just like the people who worship Wyrom as the PM who can make changes but... don't get mad at him for the changes because he doesn't actually have power?

Seriously, Schrödinger's Wyrom is the most insane fucking mental gymnastic's I've ever seen people perform. He's posted numerous times and included in several public emails about what he dictates and what he can do. The sad part is even HE changes his tune when it suits him best.

stick to your promises and leave that system in place. Generate NEW material, or fuck, maybe just deliver on the material already promised (where the fuck is the documentation on Goesintight, the hentai arkati, that was promised?) and generate NEW material instead of nerfing shit and monetizing existing systems. People will happily pay big money when you ADD stuff to the game, not take it away and charge for what people were getting reasonably before hand. Wheres the bank heist in DR?
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 01-06-2018 at 07:28 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    This is just more flat out lies. It has never run 4 full events in one year. You can even check the wiki to confirm. The most DR events in one year was 4, but it was 2 full and 2 dig (no arena no sewers) in 2016. Duskruin dig was easily the most condensed down version of simucoin gambling mechanics as possible -> buy shovel get items repeat. The stores were open but BS generation was light because it was literally a reskin of EG digging but putting reduced effective simucoin items in it. It wasn't the worst event, but it certainly didnt require any real thought to it either. People get mad because they gate everything behind paywalls and then start charging more or providing less while still asking for the same amount of money. The flip flopping between saying "we dont care about balance as long as we make money" and "well, we have to dial it back because balance" is pure bullshit too. It's the double standard that they keep getting away with, just like the people who worship Wyrom as the PM who can make changes but... don't get mad at him for the changes because he doesn't actually have power?

Seriously, Schrödinger's Wyrom is the most insane fucking mental gymnastic's I've ever seen people perform. He's posted numerous times and included in several public emails about what he dictates and what he can do. The sad part is even HE changes his tune when it suits him best.

stick to your promises and leave that system in place. Generate NEW material, or fuck, maybe just deliver on the material already promised (where the fuck is the documentation on Goesintight, the hentai arkati, that was promised?) and generate NEW material instead of nerfing shit and monetizing existing systems. People will happily pay big money when you ADD stuff to the game, not take it away and charge for what people were getting reasonably before hand. Wheres the bank heist in DR?

Are you going to quit over this change?

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Are you going to quit over this change?
    You should buy one of my items

I haven't yet read the rest of your post, but you are wrong.

I looked through my simustore transaction history. Duskruin was run its first year, 2015, in March, May, July and August. Arena and sewers (pre Dig).

Also, for the record, Duskruin in 2016 was late April and late August, both times bleeding into the first day or so of the next month. Duskruin Dig originated in June and was held again in December so the Duskruin "grounds" or area and shops anyway were open 4x as well that year. Though bloodscrip generation was primarily stabilized to twice a month, the same months as 2017.
    Last edited by Roblar; 01-06-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    where the fuck is the documentation on Goesintight, the hentai arkati, that was promised?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post

Welp, funny they left out the fact that they ran the event 4 times in the "creating adventure" for 2015. No other list of events for that year that I could find. 2016 was 4 runs but arena/sewers only 1/2 that, because the other half was "dig".

It was new in 2015 and the arena (and sewer) mechanics changed drastically run to run, from feedback and observation. The arena began, for example, as 5 creatures over half an hour basically (for optimal results and I think 200 bloodscrip max). The traps were crazy wild and damaging, and the whole experience required healing down with herbs for 5 minutes per creature and killing in the last few seconds of time, simulating giving the crowd a show by lasting long against the foes. The herbs were required due to the stacking and trap activation frequency (and could not dodge or mitigate them).

The first two runs only had the village shops. The third one was the SK experiment, among other stuff you could redeem toward the end from a table of scrolls. The fourth one was an auction. There was also a scrip draining auction either that year or 2016 I don't feel like looking up.

The high end blood scrip shop took over from there in 2016.

Yeah, I remember the very first run because it was when I was first trying to come back. I spent a few bucks and wasn't pleased with it. The sewers gave a very low amount of BS, but it seems even the arena did for how difficult it was in it's first form. Really felt like they got to a good spot with duskruin frequency and offerings (if the rotating high end offerings screwed with people saving up for stuff) and to change that because ... reasons?

Wyrom trying to make people happy:
    https://i.imgur.com/CLelm3E.gifv
    fucking stupid moving picture files
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 01-06-2018 at 09:38 PM.