Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Official: The Future of Duskruin

Blog Entries

Estild can be reasoned with, but you better have a very, very solid argument as to why you want something changed. There is some small hope of changes coming to Spirit Guide (130) after a lengthy discussion on Discord.

I largely stayed out of the Wizard stuff. Just too painful to watch play out in real time.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-10-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Estild can be reasoned with, but you better have a very, very solid argument as to why you want something changed. There is some small hope of changes coming to Spirit Guide (130) after a lengthy discussion on Discord.

I largely stayed out of the Wizard stuff. Just too painful to watch play out in real time.
    Estild was mostly a brick wall despite several people spending over a year posting the math to indicate that his nerfs as well as him scattering a bunch of high lore requirements all over the place when wizards are the only class to have to juggle 4 lores over 202 ranks for mostly lackluster benefits is complete bullshit. I think the only thing he budged on was eventually letting enough EMC training (200 ranks) eliminate the Rapid Fire cooldown completely. Because I guess mana being a limiting factor on its own is something Estild can't seem to wrap his head around. A lot of long time wizards ended up quitting the game entirely over it because Estild literally ruined wizards for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Wizards should never have been touched; if anything Bards should be the #1 class to get it's spells nerfed hard.
    Why do bards need to be nerfed?
    Last edited by Methais; 01-10-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yeah, agree somewhat here. Never understood what Estild's problem with wizards was: is his main a wizard when he was a player? Also, haste nerf was poorly implemented.

Anyhow, in terms of the thread. I'm beginning to have less and less confidence in Wyrom as a PM. Yes, I agree he is being manipulated seeing how not following Stillfront/Whatley's commands to the letter will find him being homeless, so no blame there. But and this is a BIG BUT; Stillfront/Whatley both have no idea what the fuck is going on with the game in a day to day basis, they only see the numbers at the end. In that regard, I think he still has SOME breathing room to formulate game policy/direction.
    I don't know if it's Shartley or some asshole at Shartfront or what, but most of what Wyrom does still has to be approved by whoever he answers to, at least based on the frequency he refers to getting approval for so-and-so. I'm just taking a wild guess here but I'd think that as long as he's sticking to his bosses' outline (i.e. find a way to exploit idiots who have no self control), they probably don't care all that much about the details as long as the bottom line is met.

It's too bad Shartley couldn't have sold GS to someone who would actually give a shit about it.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-10-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    My favorite part "I literally manage three decades of expectations in the three years I’ve been in this position."

Basically it translates to "Yea I know we just took your money for the past 30 years and let the game go to shit, but this time it's for reals! Trust me."

::adds more slot machine style games::
    The best was when an old GM called him out on the officials for his bullshit "I've created more development in my time than any other time in the game!" so now he has to super qualify it with stuff like "in the last decade if you don't count certain things". He simultaneously does nothing and has no power (or limited) but also is single handedly holding up and saving the game? Who knows anymore. Fuck him, he's just a blow hard dude running around jerking himself off at every chance he can get and fuck you if you cal him out or get in his way. Woe to the GMs who dont meet his demanding schedule because he'll fucking throw you under the bus in a split second and find someone else who would love to be ripped off for their work and effort.

To his defense, it's REALLY fucking hard when you're trying to date a girl and your answer to, "so what do you do?" is "um, I'm between jobs right now..." He's just a pawn like people are saying, it's Whatley and Shitfront that's the "big bad". If you people are SERIOUS about change in the game, I suggest getting a signin petition with at least 100 names sent to Stillfront HQ.(not Whatley, as I firmly believe he's immune to all that shit knowing his crack-addled playerbase for decades).
    [Stillfront Office, Meeting Room]
    All along the walls are shelf after shelf lined with the most intimidating looking dildos you've ever seen in your life.
    Also here: Dave, Stillfront
    Obvious exits: out

Stillfront asks, "Hey Dave, check out this petition some GS players sent us. What do you think?"

Dave says, "Lemme see that."

Stillfront offers Dave a petition.

Dave accepts Stillfront's petition and is now holding a petition.

Dave squints at the petition.

Dave shoves the petition down the back of his pants and wipes his ass with it.

Dave offers Stillfront a petition with a large brown streak down the middle.

Stillfront accepts Dave's offer and is now holding a petition with a large brown streak down the middle.

Dave says, "This is literally what I think about that, and you should too, because these dumb fucks are still going to show up for DR and throw all their money at you because they're fucking stupid. Believe me, I've been exploiting stupid people for decades. Just look at my unpaid GM staff."

Stillfront says, "Good point. Thanks Dave."

Stillfront drops a petition with a large brown streak down the middle.

Stillfront pulls down his pants.

Stillfront squats down and takes a giant dump all over a petition with a large brown streak down the middle, and in its place is a soggy brown petition covered in rancid diarrhea.

Stillfront laughs!

Dave laughs!

Stillfront and Dave high five each other on the buttocks.

Dave asks, "Do you want to come back to my place?"

Stillfront says, "Yeah alright."

Stillfront just left.

Dave just left.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-10-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    The best was when an old GM called him out on the officials for his bullshit "I've created more development in my time than any other time in the game!" so now he has to super qualify it with stuff like "in the last decade if you don't count certain things". He simultaneously does nothing and has no power (or limited) but also is single handedly holding up and saving the game? Who knows anymore. Fuck him, he's just a blow hard dude running around jerking himself off at every chance he can get and fuck you if you cal him out or get in his way. Woe to the GMs who dont meet his demanding schedule because he'll fucking throw you under the bus in a split second and find someone else who would love to be ripped off for their work and effort.
    I don't read the officials for the most part anymore except to check in on RR from time to time. The GM should have called him on it, he's placing himself above some pretty amazing shit the likes we have not seen in years. For me I think the Vreen was the most amazeballs thing I ever encountered in GS and that was still GS3......I think.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984