Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire and Fury

Arrow Fire and Fury

This book deserves its own thread, since it looks like Trump wants to sue the author, which would be a dumb move.

President Trump's legal team on Thursday sent a letter to the publisher and author of a forthcoming book about the White House demanding they immediately stop its publication, a day after excerpts led the president to issue a rare, blistering takedown of former adviser Steve Bannon.

More...
    That will show them. Nobody will want to read it now.

The letter was written by the lawyer who brought down Gawker.

According to Amazon, the book won't even be available until next week.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

The publisher of an explosive new book about President Trump’s first year in the White House is allowing sales to begin early due to high demand.

CNN reports Henry Holt & Company, the publisher of journalist Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” is allowing several retailers to begin selling the book on Friday, four days earlier that its original publication date.

"Due to unprecedented demand, we are moving the on-sale date for all formats of 'Fire and Fury,' by Michael Wolff, to Friday, January 5, at 9 a.m. ET, from the current on-sale date of Tuesday, January 9," a spokesperson for Henry Holt told CNN on Thursday.
    The Wall Street Journal reported that multiple booksellers have seen increased interest in the book.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 01-04-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Blog Entries

No one cares about cwolff's book.

Since the publisher decided to release the book early, some reviews are showing up on Amazon. And not all of them are good! Here is my favorite so far..

DEAR COMRADE BUDDY

PLEASE DO NOT BE OF READING. VERY BAD.

YOURS TRULY
    AMERICAN FRIEND NO1

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Since the publisher decided to release the book early, some reviews are showing up on Amazon. And not all of them are good! Here is my favorite so far..
    I laughed pretty hard.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

6. Default

Here's another review on Amazon.

FAKE NEWS!!! SAD

I’ve read a lot of books, more than anyone, and this book is a disgrace. Wolff is a loser, a total loser and everyone knows it. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. This book is not for smart people. It’s for very dumb people—ok very dumb people like, not the kind of book I would read because I’m one of the smartest people. Ask anyone, anywhere in the world—it’s true! If you like to read words, and I like to read words—I read a lot of words, every day. All kinds of words. More words than most people know. People are always asking me about words I read, because everyone wants to know—so if you want to read really good words, like really big beautiful words, you should read The Art of the Deal. It’s a really great book, really fantastic—just fantastic and one of the best books you can read.

-Ronald

And now the author is admitting that parts of the book are probably not real. So it's his way of walking it back as fact and admitting he made shit up so he doesn't have to give refunds. Clever marketing.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Fake news, everyone. Trump has tweeted that he is a very stable genius.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-06-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Trump tweeting

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Pacino staring at him with those pitying eyes at the end... can't feel too much anger against Trump, he's just an old pitiful man that wants the world to stop laughing at him. Isn't that right PB?
    No idea. I don't know President Trump personally.