Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parry and Parry Mastery

Ah, good to know. Thank you all!

I thinks I'll get that... more swings means less chance enemy can kill me and more flares from my weapon.

I really wanted to get Executioner's Stance with at least 3 ranks of staggering blow... but that is much more expensive than Parry Mastery and Mongoose.

Sincerely,

- Kotin

Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

Just to be clear.... While I am berserking and swinging multiple times, if I parry during that time and have 3 ranks of Mongoose, then I will also swing in between the berserk multi-strikes?

Yes, Stance of the Mongoose retaliations will trigger during berserk. Furthmore, Berserk, Rank 3 Mongoose with Rank 3 parry mastery is likely the best use of the stance since your weapon bonding flares go off during the retaliations and you are not affected by the extra RT when berserking. The downside to Mongoose is that it can trigger when you dont want it to like if you need to escape a swarm but keep on getting caught in the extra RT. If you plan on using berserk alot its a solid choice.

Weapon boding flares do NOT go off in the multi-strike phase of berserk. They will only go off when you run out of stamina. Furthermore, the rank 5 flare will not activate as often as it should -- or is described in the wiki. The other weapon bond ranks will flare at the appropriate rates (using saved up swings form the multi-strike phase) once stamina is expended.

Those are my observations.

So, to be clear... will the Mongoose retaliate during the multi-strike phase or only after all the stamina has been burned?

Sincerely,

- Kotin

The Mongoose retaliations activate during any stage of berserk regardless of stamina. You will get a retaliatory strike between your mstrikes should you parry an attack. Also, while the bonding flares do not activate on the mstrikes during berserk they DO activate on the Mongoose retaliations, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aganii View Post
    The Mongoose retaliations activate during any stage of berserk regardless of stamina. You will get a retaliatory strike between your mstrikes should you parry an attack. Also, while the bonding flares do not activate on the mstrikes during berserk they DO activate on the Mongoose retaliations, as I mentioned in my previous post.
    This is GREAT news and a reason for training in that skill next.

Thank you very kindly.

Sincerely,

- Kotin