Thread: Keep getting logged out?

1. Default Keep getting logged out?

Hello. For the past day or so, each time I log in to the game it kicks me out after a few minutes. It says connection to the game is lost and everything closes down. Any ideas why this might be happening? I just returned a couple weeks ago and my connection has been fine. Nothing major has changed. I do use lich. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Does it happen regardless of FE?

If you can, try logging in with a different FE, moving rooms, then logging in with your normal FE. I can't explain why that makes a difference, but I've had a similar problem in the past and that did the trick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jymamon View Post
    Does it happen regardless of FE?

If you can, try logging in with a different FE, moving rooms, then logging in with your normal FE. I can't explain why that makes a difference, but I've had a similar problem in the past and that did the trick.
    I've had to do that exact thing before. It is odd as hell.

On top of odd corruption issue like that, if you are using Stormfront it can be really susceptible to packet loss. I've had issues where my service started dropping packets very frequently and it would almost always kick out my connection(s).
    if you are wireless, make sure you aren't having any issues internally, usually this is as simple as watching a continuous ping for a few minutes, if it drops any packets at all you will want to start by power cycling the equipment. If it continues, you may need to either replace (depending on age) or further troubleshoot.

If your internal connection is solid, ping out to a public ip address, such as google's dns - 8.8.8.8 and see if you drop any packets or have crazy high latency (above 200ms for any "broadband" connection is pretty bad). If you see any dropped packets, power cycle your router and test again, try other addresses. if the problem continues, you may need to touch base with your ISP and work with them. I had an issue with my FIOS connection where my ONT started to fuck up and needed to be replaced. If your cable modem or ONT is older than 3-4 years, you may want to have them upgrade it (might be hard if you aren't having any issues).

Beyond that, I've heard lots of other oddities similar to what the above have posted. Some users have had "corrupted" items and characters that would be instantly kicked out upon login or shortly after. I believe it was eventually tracked down to an item or feature alter? Hopefully, its a simple to fix networking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by undernolights View Post
    Hello. For the past day or so, each time I log in to the game it kicks me out after a few minutes. It says connection to the game is lost and everything closes down. Any ideas why this might be happening? I just returned a couple weeks ago and my connection has been fine. Nothing major has changed. I do use lich. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Log into the game without Lich and see if it still happens. If it doesn't then it might a script.

I second fortybox. Try logging in through the play.net website or SGE entry without Lich.

No one had you download and run "totalsolution" did they ?
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 12-30-2017 at 10:11 PM.

are you dead? You will get logged out after 60 seconds of inactivity if you login while dead
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

I did troubleshooting on an issue like this, eventually suspected problems with my router. I think I proved it by connecting my computer directly to my modem with no router in between. Long story short, new router resolved all connection dropouts.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!