Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Much for Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right?
    I just have one question. If people were not industrialized during the Middle Ages why did the little ice age stop?
    https://www.eh-resources.org/little-ice-age/

The earth's climate does change, I agree. I however do not agree with the approach many take at trying to convince others of why we are horrid people for driving around big trucks etc. If people truly think that if we all drove Toyota Prius' or other non petrol vehicles that it's going to stop climate change they are delusional. If we all did drive these around next thing you know the planet would adjust to less emissions and hypothetically correct for this by getting hotter/cooler/(insert whatever theory here). Then the sky will be falling once again in knee jerk reaction land.
    Semper superne nitens.

Blog Entries

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.WkbjnN-nEuU
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arsher-winter/
    https://climatekids.nasa.gov/harsh-winter/

But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right? Maybe it's part of that big Nasa conspiracy to trick everyone into thinking the world is round.

The way weather works is not a simple all or nothing game. It's very complex, even scientists now are looking into how alot of the effects global warming has on the weather. Just because you dont want something to be real, doesn't mean it isn't. Global warming is very real. Literally thousands of people who have far more expertise on these topics than all of us have said it, confirmed it, tested it, retested it, and reconfirmed it. That's how science works. Not sticking your finger in the air, saying hey: it's cold today - Global Warming must be a hoax by the damn liberals. Get over your hatred for liberals and face the facts ;-)

But anyways it was obvious you were just trolling for a fight, and I took the bait. So feel free to go on and explain how I'm a dirty liberal and so are all the scientists and anyone who disagrees with you is a commy.
    What's the correct temperature of the planet?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Yes the climate changes naturally. But the fact that thousands of scientists have confirmed is that the current changes are rapid, and due to human causes. That is also the fact that many ordinary people with 0 expertise on the matter claim is NOT true. Such as you both.

So you both are claiming the climate changing is natural. Based on what evidence? What Trump said? What some "expert" stooge on Fox News said?

I choose to go with 97% of the entire scientific community on this one. But hey, you can always hope those 3% are right and hold your breath. Facing overwhelming evidence, let's just keep on burning fossil fuels, blasting carbon and methane into the atmosphere and hope the warming is all natural or that it will just "get cold one day" and everything will be fine. I however, and every other country in the world except the US, think we should face the problem and fucking fix it.

Better yet here is an analogy: Paul Revere (except, thousands of paul reveres in this case) went from town to town telling the people the British are coming. They grabbed their arms, they got ready, they were not caught by surprise. Except there were a few idiots and drunkards in the town who sat there and said: No they are not. People come and people go, maybe they are just coming to have some tea and say hi and will leave shortly thereafter and crossed their arms and waited. Even after the british started sacking towns and word broke they had arrived, those few people still held their ground. Mainly because they didn't want to be wrong and look like idiots.

People like ClydeR, Trump, and a few industry stooges and those industries negatively impacted by climate change regulations are those idiots. So keep on pretending reality is not real and whatever news you find on your republican propoganda websites are real. The rest of us will try to save your asses.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 12-30-2017 at 06:11 AM.

But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right? Maybe it's part of that big Nasa conspiracy to trick everyone into thinking the world is round.

The way weather works is not a simple all or nothing game. It's very complex, even scientists now are looking into how alot of the effects global warming has on the weather. Just because you dont want something to be real, doesn't mean it isn't. Global warming is very real. Literally thousands of people who have far more expertise on these topics than all of us have said it, confirmed it, tested it, retested it, and reconfirmed it. That's how science works. Not sticking your finger in the air, saying hey: it's cold today - Global Warming must be a hoax by the damn liberals. Get over your hatred for liberals and face the facts ;-)

But anyways it was obvious you were just trolling for a fight, and I took the bait. So feel free to go on and explain how I'm a dirty liberal and so are all the scientists and anyone who disagrees with you is a commy.
    Why would flat Earthers believe in global warming?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Soon it will be changed to "weather events" and then everything will be Trump's fault even more!
    Already happening...

Blog Entries

So you both are claiming the climate changing is natural. Based on what evidence? What Trump said? What some "expert" stooge on Fox News said?
    Evidence like this that I can physically go outside and see for myself.

Knowing I can dig down and discover that the midwestern united states used to be a desert until the ice age and then dig even further and find that it must have been covered in water as well.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 12-30-2017 at 10:08 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

If a graph "proving" that global warming is real starts at 1850.. you're taking the bait.

Sucker.

Blog Entries

I also have to question your thought that recent temps can't be used to argue against global warming but a sample size of a century over the course of 4.5 billion years is a solid argument.

The people you are calling science deniers are actually using a much much larger sample size. 1/73,000 (no man made global warming sample size) , 73,000/(4,500,000,000 * 365) (pro global warming sample size).

P.S. Just to give you the benefit of the doubt I gave you 73,000 days (200 years)
    Last edited by Neveragain; 12-30-2017 at 11:04 AM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

10. Default

I could use 40 degrees of global warming right about now...