Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: So Much for Global Warming

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Isla de Roatan
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right?
    I just have one question. If people were not industrialized during the Middle Ages why did the little ice age stop?
    https://www.eh-resources.org/little-ice-age/

    The earth's climate does change, I agree. I however do not agree with the approach many take at trying to convince others of why we are horrid people for driving around big trucks etc. If people truly think that if we all drove Toyota Prius' or other non petrol vehicles that it's going to stop climate change they are delusional. If we all did drive these around next thing you know the planet would adjust to less emissions and hypothetically correct for this by getting hotter/cooler/(insert whatever theory here). Then the sky will be falling once again in knee jerk reaction land.
    Semper superne nitens.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    3,612
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.WkbjnN-nEuU
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arsher-winter/
    https://climatekids.nasa.gov/harsh-winter/

    But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right? Maybe it's part of that big Nasa conspiracy to trick everyone into thinking the world is round.

    The way weather works is not a simple all or nothing game. It's very complex, even scientists now are looking into how alot of the effects global warming has on the weather. Just because you dont want something to be real, doesn't mean it isn't. Global warming is very real. Literally thousands of people who have far more expertise on these topics than all of us have said it, confirmed it, tested it, retested it, and reconfirmed it. That's how science works. Not sticking your finger in the air, saying hey: it's cold today - Global Warming must be a hoax by the damn liberals. Get over your hatred for liberals and face the facts ;-)

    But anyways it was obvious you were just trolling for a fight, and I took the bait. So feel free to go on and explain how I'm a dirty liberal and so are all the scientists and anyone who disagrees with you is a commy.
    What's the correct temperature of the planet?


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  3. #13

    Default

    Yes the climate changes naturally. But the fact that thousands of scientists have confirmed is that the current changes are rapid, and due to human causes. That is also the fact that many ordinary people with 0 expertise on the matter claim is NOT true. Such as you both.

    So you both are claiming the climate changing is natural. Based on what evidence? What Trump said? What some "expert" stooge on Fox News said?

    I choose to go with 97% of the entire scientific community on this one. But hey, you can always hope those 3% are right and hold your breath. Facing overwhelming evidence, let's just keep on burning fossil fuels, blasting carbon and methane into the atmosphere and hope the warming is all natural or that it will just "get cold one day" and everything will be fine. I however, and every other country in the world except the US, think we should face the problem and fucking fix it.
    ..:: My Wares ::..

    WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D

  4. #14

    Default

    Better yet here is an analogy: Paul Revere (except, thousands of paul reveres in this case) went from town to town telling the people the British are coming. They grabbed their arms, they got ready, they were not caught by surprise. Except there were a few idiots and drunkards in the town who sat there and said: No they are not. People come and people go, maybe they are just coming to have some tea and say hi and will leave shortly thereafter and crossed their arms and waited. Even after the british started sacking towns and word broke they had arrived, those few people still held their ground. Mainly because they didn't want to be wrong and look like idiots.

    People like ClydeR, Trump, and a few industry stooges and those industries negatively impacted by climate change regulations are those idiots. So keep on pretending reality is not real and whatever news you find on your republican propoganda websites are real. The rest of us will try to save your asses.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 12-30-2017 at 06:11 AM.
    ..:: My Wares ::..

    WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.WkbjnN-nEuU
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arsher-winter/
    https://climatekids.nasa.gov/harsh-winter/

    But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right? Maybe it's part of that big Nasa conspiracy to trick everyone into thinking the world is round.

    The way weather works is not a simple all or nothing game. It's very complex, even scientists now are looking into how alot of the effects global warming has on the weather. Just because you dont want something to be real, doesn't mean it isn't. Global warming is very real. Literally thousands of people who have far more expertise on these topics than all of us have said it, confirmed it, tested it, retested it, and reconfirmed it. That's how science works. Not sticking your finger in the air, saying hey: it's cold today - Global Warming must be a hoax by the damn liberals. Get over your hatred for liberals and face the facts ;-)

    But anyways it was obvious you were just trolling for a fight, and I took the bait. So feel free to go on and explain how I'm a dirty liberal and so are all the scientists and anyone who disagrees with you is a commy.
    Why would flat Earthers believe in global warming?
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Soon it will be changed to "weather events" and then everything will be Trump's fault even more!
    Already happening...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    3,612
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    So you both are claiming the climate changing is natural. Based on what evidence? What Trump said? What some "expert" stooge on Fox News said?
    Evidence like this that I can physically go outside and see for myself.



    Knowing I can dig down and discover that the midwestern united states used to be a desert until the ice age and then dig even further and find that it must have been covered in water as well.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 12-30-2017 at 10:08 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.WkbjnN-nEuU
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arsher-winter/
    https://climatekids.nasa.gov/harsh-winter/

    But let me guess, because it doesnt fit your narrow view of the world. It's fake news, right? Maybe it's part of that big Nasa conspiracy to trick everyone into thinking the world is round.

    The way weather works is not a simple all or nothing game. It's very complex, even scientists now are looking into how alot of the effects global warming has on the weather. Just because you dont want something to be real, doesn't mean it isn't. Global warming is very real. Literally thousands of people who have far more expertise on these topics than all of us have said it, confirmed it, tested it, retested it, and reconfirmed it. That's how science works. Not sticking your finger in the air, saying hey: it's cold today - Global Warming must be a hoax by the damn liberals. Get over your hatred for liberals and face the facts ;-)

    But anyways it was obvious you were just trolling for a fight, and I took the bait. So feel free to go on and explain how I'm a dirty liberal and so are all the scientists and anyone who disagrees with you is a commy.
    If a graph "proving" that global warming is real starts at 1850.. you're taking the bait.

    Sucker.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    3,612
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I also have to question your thought that recent temps can't be used to argue against global warming but a sample size of a century over the course of 4.5 billion years is a solid argument.

    The people you are calling science deniers are actually using a much much larger sample size. 1/73,000 (no man made global warming sample size) , 73,000/(4,500,000,000 * 365) (pro global warming sample size).

    P.S. Just to give you the benefit of the doubt I gave you 73,000 days (200 years)
    Last edited by Neveragain; 12-30-2017 at 11:04 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  10. Default

    I could use 40 degrees of global warming right about now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •