Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wedding

I'm sending Trump my invitation if I get one. He can use it to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    They're part of our cultural identity
    Not for long at the rate they're going over there.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    I salute GB for putting their foot down and saying "We don't want that shitstick at our formal functions." It's like inviting that one fourth cousin, twice removed, to your wedding. You know all he's going to do is offend your great aunt Mildred, piss in the driveway, drink all the booze and pass out in the chocolate fountain. You're betting off saving yourself the headache and embarrassment.

Also, Rocktar.... just because Trump got elected doesn't mean the rest of the world has to "get over it" and suddenly open their arms to him. Especially given the kind of bullshit shenanigans he's caused in places like Scotland. Choices have consequences and the rest of the world shunning the US because we chose an oompa-loompa for president with little tact, no morals and an itchy-tweeting finger is exactly what we deserve.

Sorry, but this is a silly analogy. This is not about inviting a family member. This is politics, good, bad, indifferent. When it comes to politics governments do a lot of things that a family would not do because it is the proper thing to do.

But it likely does not matter in this case since the British government is going to say this is not a state function and that Harry and his fiance get to invite who they want. Having said that, if they invite the Obamas and not the Trumps it will have a profound impact on relations, which are already not great, between the two countries.

I have to wonder though with the recent elections in GB with Brexit and the Conservative (a relative term for them) being back in power, if the English people are more right leaning than the government, not unlike here in the US and so a visit by Trump would be welcomed by the people if not the power brokers.

Blog Entries

If he gets sulky enough, Trump will just tweet that 'he didn't want to go anyway and would turn down an invitation', so it'll be win/win.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, it is like not inviting your wealthy uncle that mostly protected you from the Soviets for 50 years.
    I understand your confusion, but they ARE inviting Obama, who before he killed bin Laden with his bare hands went mano a mano for many rounds with Uncle Joe, and we all know who walked away from that one. Notably, Barack did so at the same time the current President was struggling with a crippling case of affluenza.
    Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Sorry, but this is a silly analogy. This is not about inviting a family member. This is politics, good, bad, indifferent. When it comes to politics governments do a lot of things that a family would not do because it is the proper thing to do.

But it likely does not matter in this case since the British government is going to say this is not a state function and that Harry and his fiance get to invite who they want. Having said that, if they invite the Obamas and not the Trumps it will have a profound impact on relations, which are already not great, between the two countries.

I have to wonder though with the recent elections in GB with Brexit and the Conservative (a relative term for them) being back in power, if the English people are more right leaning than the government, not unlike here in the US and so a visit by Trump would be welcomed by the people if not the power brokers.
    One of the quirks of parliamentary systems is that they don't have regularly scheduled elections, and it so happens that the 2015 election you're referring to (when the Conservatives did in fact become a majority government) has already been undone by the 2017 election, where the Conservatives were reduced to a plurality. Another notable change between the two elections was that the significantly more right leaning UK Independence Party went from 13% of the vote to 2%.

Another key point is that like in the United States, not every right leaning person (power broker or otherwise) is a fan of the President. Polls I can find from June of this year show that the United Kingdom overall has only 22% confidence in Trump - surely more than 22% of the country is right leaning.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If he gets sulky enough, Trump will just tweet that 'he didn't want to go anyway and would turn down an invitation', so it'll be win/win.
    Can't wait to see Princess Kate's "u bum" tweet.

Blog Entries

I Barack Obama currently the head of State, Latrin? No. He isn't. He isn't even in Government. I know, you'd like to forget that there was an election and he has been replaced, but stay with the times.

Threaten to withdraw all financial support. I bet they change their tune.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck. It's a wedding for a family that, for centuries, has plundered the British people for their own gain. That the citizens STILL hold this family in such high regard still makes them all absolute idiots.

President Trump is the President of the United States. The American people have elected him into that position.. he wasn't born into it.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 12-27-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I Barack Obama currently the head of State, Latrin? No. He isn't. He isn't even in Government. I know, you'd like to forget that there was an election and he has been replaced, but stay with the times.
    I'd like you to count to ten. You're clearly so angry that you're not seeing clearly.

All set? Good, let's take it from the top.

I said Barack Obama personally killed Joe Stalin, protecting "[the United Kingdom] from the Soviets for 50 years."
    I then said that the current President was suffering from affluenza at the time.
    This necessarily means that I said the current President is someone else.
    Which means that I said Barack Obama is not the President.

I trust this exercise has cleared it up for you. Happy to help!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Especially given the kind of bullshit shenanigans he's caused in places like Scotland.
    Ah yes, how could we ever forget when the Scotts faced off against Trump and the Russians at Stirling. Terrible times indeed for the British peoples.

21rnmg.jpg
    Last edited by Neveragain; 12-27-2017 at 08:01 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984