Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bright (the Netflix original movie)

I think the critics really dislike Will Smith.

Way better than star wars
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zho View Post
    I think the critics really dislike Will Smith.
    I generally don't like him either, but I liked Bright in spite of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I am super into the concept but I thought it was pretty meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Blog Entries

That's because you have no soul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Way better than star wars
    That's not setting the bar very high...

Blog Entries

I didn't hate it. I like the idea, I think they could have done better though. I wish they'd made the orcs look more orc like... You know,size wise.

A lot of things could have been done better, IMO.

Blog Entries

Waaaay too many stories and lore that could've have been developed as a Netflix show. Really enjoyed it but after seeing it I wanted a lot more and felt like it left too much open and undiscovered

I was going to make that same complaint until I decided to look at it in a different manner. Throwing out the cliche of following two prophesized warriors, it makes sense if you consider that most of the lore is considered mythical to maintain the status quo. Two random people suddenly thrown into extraordinary situations aren't going to be given all the answers. We as the viewers follow along and get to know about as much as they do.
    There are some really inexcusably bad parts, like the scene at the end with the blooding ceremony out of nowhere? That felt cheesily stuck in to close a story arc in a rush. They just as well could have had a scene where the clan abducts him before or after the police ceremony and done something instead of how they did it. That whole ending felt chopped to fuck actually.
    Finally, I don't think the lore would hold up to heavy exposition. It works better to just let it exist. The minute you start trying to explain how a world that has apparently always had all of these things still ended up in a modern day setting but with high fantasy races it all falls apart very quickly.

Blog Entries

The currency in this show was Elans.