Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Custom Properties and Elans

The more I read this the less sense the new currency makes.

Instead of the store having a bunch of things to choose from, you will simply buy a new currency called elans.
    By "the store" does he mean the Simucoin store? The thing with dozens of items on it and now they are worried about adding 5 new things to the store?

Also are elans bought with Simucoins/money or with silvers? I'm assuming the former.

Time to put your tinfoil hats on. Sounds like the plan is to get people to buy more elans than they need so that's more money in their pocket.

Sort of like how Xbox used to do their point system for buying games through the online store. Rather than just allowing you to buy the game outright for 15 bucks you instead had to buy points that cost a dollar for 100 points, so this 15 dollar game cost 1500 points. But going to the store and buying 1500 points made too much sense, so instead you had to buy points in 1000 increments, so you buy 2000 points for 20 bucks to buy that 15 dollar game. But shit, now you're stuck with 500 points, either eat that 5 dollar loss or go out and spend another 10 bucks to buy another 1000 points so you could buy another 15 dollar/1500 point game that you didn't really want but you didn't want to throw that 5 dollars away.

ipso facto Simu is taking business strategies from Microsoft's Xbox. Next thing you know you'll be forced to play GS via overly enlarged controllers and the servers will only be barely functional for most of the day while Whately himself is literally picking your pocket for every last bit of change you have in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    FYI 5000 Simucoins = 5000 Elans
    Well there goes my theory for now considering the prices of everything is in multiples of 5000. Just watch though, next item they release will cost 11000 elans. It will happen I say! It will!

3. Default

They're in the simucoin store so for cash not silver, supposedly they are just to make it easier when buying property stuff but who knows at this point.

You still get extra simucoins when you buy those $50 chunks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The more I read this the less sense the new currency makes.

By "the store" does he mean the Simucoin store? The thing with dozens of items on it and now they are worried about adding 5 new things to the store?

Also are elans bought with Simucoins/money or with silvers? I'm assuming the former.

Time to put your tinfoil hats on. Sounds like the plan is to get people to buy more elans than they need so that's more money in their pocket.

Sort of like how Xbox used to do their point system for buying games through the online store. Rather than just allowing you to buy the game outright for 15 bucks you instead had to buy points that cost a dollar for 100 points, so this 15 dollar game cost 1500 points. But going to the store and buying 1500 points made too much sense, so instead you had to buy points in 1000 increments, so you buy 2000 points for 20 bucks to buy that 15 dollar game. But shit, now you're stuck with 500 points, either eat that 5 dollar loss or go out and spend another 10 bucks to buy another 1000 points so you could buy another 15 dollar/1500 point game that you didn't really want but you didn't want to throw that 5 dollars away.

ipso facto Simu is taking business strategies from Microsoft's Xbox. Next thing you know you'll be forced to play GS via overly enlarged controllers and the servers will only be barely functional for most of the day while Whately himself is literally picking your pocket for every last bit of change you have in there.
    Uh, it's been that way since Simucoins were introduced. You can only buy Simucoins in multiples of 500, but a lot of the stuff available is for 95, 600, 900, etc. coins.
    Last edited by Taernath; 12-20-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I seriously feel bad for anyone who buys into this bullshit anymore.

Why? Because racecar.

Just what everyone wanted, a new currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Kynlee
    What all is included in the single additional room?

A room addition is the room description with day and night description, if appropriate. You also get:
    ambient messaging with 4-6 messages
    1 portal to/from new room
    4-6 props
    trash can

We're looking at offering the more special rooms (fishing, workshops, etc) at future runs, but it's still in discussion.

As for the items that will be limited in quantity, here are the actual numbers so those of you who want to prepare, can. There will be five (5) permanence (removal of rent) and ten (10) room additions in each instance.

~~GM Kynlee~~
    Elanthian Architect
    Breaker of Things
    GS4-Kynlee@play.net
    3/50
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

If I rolled my eyes any harder at this point I'd be the Undertaker.

"Coming soon: A custom software overlay script to keep track of all of your hundred different GS currencies - look for SimuTronics LITCH V1.0 coming soon for the low additional cost of $9.99/mo!"

I’d rather pay my 200k/month than $400 for permanence. Wtf.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.