Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
There is a HUGE difference between a company wanting to make money and one that figures out every single possible way to exploit their base. From "independent contractors" that basically do work for free because they love the game and are totally going to save it from it's inevitable end to finding every single way possible to chain their playerbase down and bleed them dry. You can argue "everyone has hobbies" so it's okay for you to sink a few grand into a game a year (that could easily be a car payment instead) but it's not a hobby, it takes over lives. They are making people feel so incredibly invested into the game. Why? Because omg you've already sunk so much time and money into it and you can't get anything back now that they've killed silver values and and are progressively making huge dents into the player economy. You'll never want to leave. Ugh, I could go on and one and it's why I'll never go back even if I love the players because I just can't support something like that. I get what they're doing and at the end of the day, the shots are being called by someone that doesn't care about the game but rather your pocketbooks. Rawr.
EA secretly bought Stillfront.