Thread: the difference between level 2 and level 4 enhansives

Default the difference between level 2 and level 4 enhansives

It's explained on wiki but I guess I just don't get it:

https://gswiki.play.net/Enhancive_item

Level 1 - Gives a statistic bonus or increases max mana, health, or stamina
    Level 2 - Increases a skill's bonus
    Level 3 - Increases stat recovery for mana, spirit, stamina, or health
    Level 4 - Increases a character's ranks in a given skill
    Isn't increasing a skill's bonus better than increasing its ranks? sort of like stat vs stat bonus, where stat bonus always trumps stat?

Not sure I understand the confusion, but before you hit 24 ranks, an increase in ranks corresponds to multiple bonus increases. So if you're at 0 ranks, +1 to skill ranks will result in +5 bonus. While it evens out after 24 ranks (meaning +1 rank will only result in +1 bonus), the increased cost is due to those earlier potential bonuses.
    Last edited by Zarston; 12-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.

1-10 ranks = 5 bonus per rank
    11-20= 4 bonus per rank
    21-30= 3
    31-40=2
    And everything above 40 is 1:1.

Ranks are more expensive to recharge because a +5 ranks COULD be +25 bonus if you have no ranks in the skill. Rank enhancives are usually NOT preferred as if you have more than 40 ranks, it’s the same as a bonus enhancives with a much higher recharge cost.
    The moons Lornon and Liabo collide and are both destroyed. Their remains fall upon Elanthia, destroying all living things and tearing apart the lands until Elanthia, itself, disintegrates.
    You rest peacefully.

Got it. I didn't realize 1 rank was more than 1 bonus at early ranks. My other confusion stems from this statement about Level 4 expansiveness "Level 4: Bonuses to Skill Ranks and Bonuses" If it's a bonus to skills ranks AND bonus, doesn't it mean a double bonus?
    Last edited by dex; 12-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Perhaps it’s referringvto fusion? You can’t have two bonus or two stat orbs, but you can have one of each. My plate has +7 stat bonus dex and +14 stat orbs for an effective +14 stat bonus or +28 stat, which are the same.

Same with ranks + bonus orbs for skills.

Also of note, because of this steep early bonus gain for skills getting a few can be worth the investment. 30 ranks gives you 120 bonus.
    The moons Lornon and Liabo collide and are both destroyed. Their remains fall upon Elanthia, destroying all living things and tearing apart the lands until Elanthia, itself, disintegrates.
    You rest peacefully.

I don't think it's talking about fusion, see this screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2h3vi6ur5...sives.png?dl=0
    Last edited by dex; 12-17-2017 at 06:29 PM.

You can't add this premium service to fusion gear or make an orb if that what you mean.

Level 4 is the only way to add ranks, and Zarston and Ososis explained well the reason the cost is higher for both recharge and premium point cost.

For postcap there really isn't a reason long term to want more than level 2 if you want to enhance skills (both in bonus but of varying skills). Unless, like fusion items, you want to pair a rank and bonus of the same skill (like OHE rank & Bonus of 7/3, 6/4, 5/5 allocation).

If not enhancing skills level 1 and 3 are good too for those needs.
    Last edited by Roblar; 12-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.