Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi *Warning: Possible Spoilers*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammibal View Post
    Half the people who are shitting on it seem to just be really mad things didn't play out like they thought it would.
    It's more like they had the opportunity to flesh out the back ground... and chose not to. Star Wars has always had a large dose of mythos, with prophecies, chosen ones, light vs. dark, etc. TLJ was almost like an anti-Star Wars. Imagine what the original trilogy would be like if Vader wasn't Luke's dad but just some asshole who died halfway through the second movie.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    you lost get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's more like they had the opportunity to flesh out the back ground... and chose not to. Star Wars has always had a large dose of mythos, with prophecies, chosen ones, light vs. dark, etc. TLJ was almost like an anti-Star Wars. Imagine what the original trilogy would be like if Vader wasn't Luke's dad but just some asshole who died halfway through the second movie.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Leia gets sucked into outer space after her entire cockpit get blown into oblivion and still doesn't die from neither that or from floating around in outer fucking space for several minutes, and they give no explanation as to why her eyeballs didn't pop out of her skull and her whole body implode. Minor gripe but it was still stupid as fuck and made no sense.
    I don't know what is so surprising to you here. Leia has always been Force sensitive. Luke told her in Return of the Jedi that she had the same power, and would learn to use it some day. There are novels about Leia training under Luke to become a jedi.

And wtf is with "Our entire strategy right now is to just drive forward until we run out of fuel. What? You want to go fight instead? Sit the fuck down."
    Did you stop paying attention or something? Did you miss the entire end of the movie that is based 100% around that strategy that turned out to be more than just "drive forward until we run out of fuel?"

No explanation about Rey. I don't buy into that shit about her parents being drunks that sold her for booze money. That doesn't explain anything about how she's a natural with the force to where she's winning fights against Luke and shit.
    Just because you don't "buy into it" doesn't mean that there was no explanation. Would you prefer it if every character came from a lineage of special Force people? Does it bother you that Mace Windu is one of the most unique and powerful Jedi ever and his official lineage is literally "given to the Jedi Order at six months old when his parents died in a jungle?"

The way Luke died was stupid as fuck and there was no explanation behind that either. I guess he just what, Forced himself to death with that projection shit and it literally sapped the life out of him?
    Looks like you were able to figure that one out on your own, though you phrased it like a question.

And wtf is with him trying to murder Kylo in his sleep because he sensed dark side in him? Is that really the best these assholes could come up with?
    Again I have to ask, were you not paying attention? He didn't try to murder Kylo, and the different interpretations of the event is a pretty major point of the movie.

I still liked it overall and I have no idea why, and at the same time I hated it because they literally answered nothing. and there was no big reveal or plot twist in regards to anything.
    Rey's parents actually ending up being nobody booze hounds isn't a "big reveal?" Kylo killing Snoke and taking over as head of the First Order isn't a "plot twist?" Luke having come to realize that the Jedi were trying to claim ownership of something that never belonged to them and wanting the Order to die isn't a "plot twist?"

You can say you don't like the movie without acting like you not liking something makes it wrong, but from half of what you said I'm not sure how much attention you were even paying.
    Last edited by Tenlaar; 12-20-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    I don't know what is so surprising to you here. Leia has always been Force sensitive. Luke told her in Return of the Jedi that she had the same power, and would learn to use it some day. There are novels about Leia training under Luke to become a jedi.

Did you stop paying attention or something? Did you miss the entire end of the movie that is based 100% around that strategy that turned out to be more than just "drive forward until we run out of fuel?"

Just because you don't "buy into it" doesn't mean that there was no explanation. Would you prefer it if every character came from a lineage of special Force people? Does it bother you that Mace Windu is one of the most unique and powerful Jedi ever and his official lineage is literally "given to the Jedi Order at six months old when his parents died in a jungle?"

Looks like you were able to figure that one out on your own, though you phrased it like a question.

Again I have to ask, were you not paying attention? He didn't try to murder Kylo, and the different interpretations of the event is a pretty major point of the movie.

Rey's parents actually ending up being nobody booze hounds isn't a "big reveal?" Kylo killing Snoke and taking over as head of the First Order isn't a "plot twist?" Luke having come to realize that the Jedi were trying to claim ownership of something that never belonged to them and wanting the Order to die isn't a "plot twist?"

You can say you don't like the movie without acting like you not liking something makes it wrong, but from half of what you said I'm not sure how much attention you were even paying.
    I know Leia's Force sensitive, etc. That shouldn't protect much of anyone from the vacuum of space imploding your physical body. I guess it would have been super difficult to come up with something other than Mary Poppins Leia. But it wasn't really that big a deal. Just dumb.

Nothing you quoted was said because I wasn't able to follow the movie. I meant it as in wtf were they thinking when they wrote this? Not the nitpicky plot hole stuff, mainly the wasted opportunities and general wtfness.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-20-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I know Leia's Force sensitive, etc. That shouldn't protect much of anyone from the vacuum of space imploding your physical body. I guess it would have been super difficult to come up with something other than Mary Poppins Leia. But it wasn't really that big a deal. Just dumb.
    You dislike it because something that wouldn't happen in real life didn't happen in the movie? You do realize that people exposed to the vacuum of space don't implode...right?

Nothing you quoted was said because I wasn't able to follow the movie. I meant it as in wtf were they thinking when they wrote this? Not the nitpicky plot hole stuff, mainly the wasted opportunities and general wtfness.
    Are you sure about that? Because some of the stuff you're wtfing about isn't even what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    You dislike it because something that wouldn't happen in real life didn't happen in the movie? You do realize that people exposed to the vacuum of space don't implode...right?

Are you sure about that? Because some of the stuff you're wtfing about isn't even what actually happened.

7. Default

RIP Phasma.. and her armor.

8. Default

STAR WARS HAS SUCKED SINCE THE 80s

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    STAR WARS HAS SUCKED SINCE THE 80s
    SINCE 1984???

My expectations were so low, it allowed me to enjoy the movie.

I swear though, the plot was written by monkeys or retards. So lazy.

I didn't like that Snoke, a major character in the Star Wars Universe was written like "Oh yea, almost forgot, here's Snoke.. bye..." I DID like how Kylo killed him though.